Saying goodbye

thecatlady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yesterday, I had to say goodbye to my orange tabby baby BamBam. He was only 10, and this happened suddenly. The doctors said that it was neurological, and I am distraught. 2.5 months ago, I had gotten a 1.5 y/o female from a friend. She is lovely. But I miss the cuddly lump in my bed (Bambam). I need the comfort of having a pet in my bed, but my new girl (Lia) doesn't like to be confined to my room. Is there any way for me to ease her into sleeping in my room? I don't want to force her. Any feedback would be great.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for the loss of BamBam. Sounds like he was very special to you. Maybe if you just leave your bedroom door open, Lia will sneak in at night and start sleeping with you. Maybe she has stayed out because she knew it was BamBam's place before.

Then again, some cats are just more cuddly and lovey than others. And boys tend to be more lovey than girls, IMHO! If Lia doesn't decide to start sharing your bed in a month or so, maybe you could get another cat. Try for one who is already a bedcat-either a kitten or cat. And probably a boy!

Again, condolences on the loss of BamBam. I am so sorry your sweet cuddly bed lump is gone.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on losing your precious kitty!
Godspeed, Bam-Bam... I just love orange tabbies (one of my earliest memories is of a large orange tom named 'Raja'); truly Bam-Bam's leaving is a great loss! Lia may decide to move into your room,since she is a fairly new arrival and might still be adjusting. You might try getting her to join you on the couch, for daytime relaxing time & see if that helps. I think that Becki is right, Lia prob. realizes that your bed is Bam-Bam's turf. If all else fails, I hope that you find another young cat - there are so very many out there who desperately need your loving home....I hope that you are able to fill that empty space in the bed very, very soon! One of the finest things in life is having that "cuddly lump" to sweeten our dreams.
Hugs, Susan

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bam Bam sounds such a sweetheart

Take comfort in your little girl Lia, and you never know she may take your little boys space up on the bed, because cats are very sensitive when we humans are upset

enigma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am soooo sorry for your loss, and give you many condelcenes. on your other kitty, give her ome time. some cats are cuddlers and some simply are not.

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss of BamBam! I don't really think you can make the new one say in there with you =(

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Maybe if you just leave your bedroom door open, Lia will sneak in at night and start sleeping with you. Maybe she has stayed out because she knew it was BamBam's place before.
I agree with this

I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your kitty BamBam. Its never easy to loose a loved one, but know we are always here should you need a shoulder to lean on or cry on.

Cherish Lia at this time - she will be wondering where her playmate has gone to, and you can both take comfort in each other.

RIP BamBam - play happily at the bridge sweetheart

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for the loss of your special boy BamBam
RIP sweet BamBam

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry you lossed your sweet BamBam. My heart breaks for you at this difficult time.