Saying Goodbye To Crabby Abbey

Cojakama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today I said goodbye to Abbey. She got the name Crabby because when she was younger, she was always attacking our legs and she hated to be cuddled. As she aged, and probably because she was sick, she became my cuddle buddy. She would cuddle with me at tv time and she would sleep between my disabled husband’s legs at night. She was suffering from an aggressive lymphoma and I no longer wanted her to suffer. She passed this afternoon at the age of 6. I hope she knew I did all I could to see that she got the best care. Run free Abbey Tabby, have fun chasing those birds.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She sounds like spirited little girl, she lived more in those six years than most do in a lifetime. Her presence will be so very missed, the emptiness in your hearts will haunt for a long time. This is because when we love someone with the spirit and fight that little girl had it is very hard to let them go. But you could not let her suffer one more day than necessary, somehow you found the compassion, the love, to end that pain and to let her soul soar free. One last act of love that broke your heart.
A broken heart takes a long time to heal. It always leaves a scar there to remind us of our loss. But what those little angels gave us is so monumental, so precious it helps to get us through this pain and to appreciate what they brought into our lives and our homes. Let your precious memories of happier times bring you comfort. Don't dwell on the end, it is not what she would want for someone she loves above all else. Bringing this pain to our souls changes nothing and brings only tears and sadness. Try to remember her in happier times. She will always be near to help you, the path she now follows will always be tied to your own. Love is spiritual, so eternal. Unlike the frail body it will never fail us, it will never die. The bond she developed over those six years can never be taken from you, use it to gladden your spirit for knowing her, for having her in your life and home.
I know how much this hurts, it helps to do something good in her name to help you feel better about yourself and the lonely world you have found yourself in. Donate to your local shelter, give your time to socialize kittens that need to know they are loved. And who knows? You may find that a new love will help to fill and distract the heart that hurts so much right now, Like a mother with many children, it is possible to love each for their own individualism, for their own sake.
I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, my heart goes out to you. Take care.......RIP little Abbey. Your ferocious spirit made you a little lion among cats, a little princess in the home you ruled. You will be dearly missed but never forgotten. Sleep in peace, little one, may the good Lord bless and keep you until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that you lost your little friend and at such a young age, sometimes these bad things just happen for reasons we might never know. Thank you for taking care of her....

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cojakama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind words. Yes, she was indeed spirited! Knowing this helped my decision. She loved to climb and she loved to play hide and seek with her catnip toy. Once I knew she was not going to be able to do the things she enjoyed, I knew it was time to release her from this world and let her go to where she could run, jump and be free. I miss her, but I think I had already missed the cat she once was.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm very sorry to read about Abbey. I have no doubt she knew how much she was loved. RIP, sweet little girl. :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Abbey, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a lovely tribute to your girl. My heart is with yours.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No matter how and when, we, the humans think to the End as a sad event. But for the Life to reach and end, it has to begin at some point in time. Everything that begin shall end. It is our choice to remember the joy of the begining or the sad moment of End.

My tears and canned tuna pieces to remember the joy and nice time!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My heartfelt sympathies go out to you on the loss of Abbey. May she run free at the Bridge and enjoy playing with all the other cats who have gone before her. RIP sweet angel. :angel:

Tabbytastic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today I said goodbye to Abbey. She got the name Crabby because when she was younger, she was always attacking our legs and she hated to be cuddled. As she aged, and probably because she was sick, she became my cuddle buddy. She would cuddle with me at tv time and she would sleep between my disabled husband’s legs at night. She was suffering from an aggressive lymphoma and I no longer wanted her to suffer. She passed this afternoon at the age of 6. I hope she knew I did all I could to see that she got the best care. Run free Abbey Tabby, have fun chasing those birds.
I am so sad for the loss of your beautiful baby girl Abbey. I have read your posts and you did everything you could and tried so very hard to help her. I’m so sorry. Rest in peace Abbey, run free and chase those birds!

I said goodbye to my little boy Whiskas in March to IBD/possible Lymphoma and Chronic Pancreatitis. He was 8 years old and I am starting to believe that it was probably an aggressive lymphoma that he had also, the aggressive type seems to target younger cats. If only our love could have saved them.

I hope your heart is mending a little more each day. Thinking of you.