Say hello to my silver tabby Persians Prince and Princess

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

suecatcrazy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I have around 10 -  all Persians since we lost Loki, our DSH in October.  I checked with my mentor on the genetics question about if a shaded cameo is possible from a silver and calico breeding. It is, in fact she has a shell cameo (a dilute version) right now from such a breeding.

I love all cats, but my favorite breed is the Persian - just so elegant and laid back. I recently showed a Siberian kitten for a friend. They are an interesting breed and the kitten was beautiful (a Golden tabby) but I like the challenge of grooming a Persian.
Thanks for talking to your mentor about the shaded cameo. I like red Persians. I was thinking of getting another one but thought it would  of reminded me of Scarlett to much. She was a special cat. I am trying to think what Siberians look like. I will have to look them up. I have loved Persians for a long while. My ex husband bought me one for my birthday in 1992. Since them I always had at least one. That's one good thing that came out of that marriage. Not much else.​

Meant to ask, What kind of cat poll do you have? The one I have is falling apart and I am looking for a new one. I have been getting Armakats but they don't last long. Our Tammie is 18 lbs so I have been looking into ones with larger perches.

Last edited:

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like cat furniture from ArubaCats, made in New Hampshire. He sells at the cat shows as well as on line. He isn't inexpensive, but it is the best I have ever seen. Some I know have had the same piece of furniture for 10+ years and it is still good - and this is in  a cattery so is constantly in use.

If I didn't do the silver and goldens I would get a dilute calico or maybe even try a white. Some friends of mine are bicolor/ white breeders and they have told me anytime i want a kitten or a cat from them just to say the word. If you like sweet faced Persians, check out their website - Central Park Persians. I started out just wanting to breed silvers, but sort of fell into goldens. Love them but to me the silver Persian, perfectly show groomed is the most beautiful cat in the world!

suecatcrazy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the information about the cat furniture. How big are their platforms? We have an 18 lb Maine coon mix as well. She is always hanging over. Mine kitties loving running up and down cat polls and nearly knock it over. We do not have a wall free to put it against so it is next to the couch.

I think golden Persians are gorgeous too. I would love to have one in the future. I also like white, calico and red Persians. I first Persian was black. I originally went to get a blue Persian but this black one adopted me. lol I am glad I got him. He was a unique little guy.

suecatcrazy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just looks at the Aruba cats site and they do not care for those kind of platforms to much. Also they love have a condo to go in, especially Princess. Sometimes she hides in there from Prince. He can be rather dominant. Know any with condos?

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best thing to do is visit a cat show in your area if you can. There are almost always cat furniture vendors at shows and most of the time have special deals for the show. Alternatively, you could contact ArubaKats and see if Artie (the owner) could customize a tree for you. I don't know if he does that or not - but it never hurts to ask.

suecatcrazy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately I rarely get out of the house now. I have Lupus. I used to go to a lot of shows before I got real bad..

j3s5y909

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They're so adorable! I wish I got my persian as a kitten, when I got it he was too shy because he got beaten by his previous owner with a broom constantly :C Best of wishes for your beautiful pets!

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Kat, I could not agree more. Persian kittens are the most adorable. How can you not fall in love with them. Here is another Persian kitten. Her name was Lady Scarlett. She died 3 years ago. I got Prince and Princess a month after. I still miss my Scarlett. She was one in a million. I saw this picture on the net in 2002 and just fell in love. I had to have her. Here is her all grown up too. My 2 most favorite photos of her.
I think they look like Wilford Brimley lol: