Say a little prayer for Amber

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Debby - I hope Amber feels better soon! If you can't get a humidifier put a pot of water on the stove to simmer for a few hours. Add eucalyptus to either the humidifier of the pot so the scent is in the air!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers and advice!!!!

I got her a vaporizer yesterday and put some oil in it that is supposed to help her breathe...it seems to have helped. The room smells faintly of vicks, but not real strong, so I think it will be safe.

I have tomorrow off since it is inventory at work, so I will keep her home with me and hopefully she will be getting better soon!!!

I also got some of those saline nose drops.

Thanks for your prayers and suggestions!!!! I appreciate it!!!

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
God bless her little lamb heart! It's so miserable to have a cold. My mother always put eucalyptus oil on a cloth hankie to breathe in at school when I had a cold. I thought I was the only person who ever heard of it! Of course. she was from Scotland, so I guess it's a British remedy. Prayers, prayers, and more prayers!

Oh, in case you didn't know, if there is illness in the family which requires your attention, (according to your doctor) your employer must give you that time. At least that's the way it is in Pennsylvania.

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YEah Debby, how is Amber doing??

And Jeanie, my Mum used to do that do... except it used to dry the skin on my nose out!!
:laughing:

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She IS feeling better!!! Yaaaay!!!!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers!!!

Jeanie....if there is illness in the family, and the doctor says so, my employer must give me the time off, but ONLY if I haved FMLA time left...I had to use it all for my maternity leave...so I have none...so even if she were deathly ill, and the Doctor said so, I would not be allowed time off.

I don't get all my FMLA time back until next September...although I will gain a few days at a time back this summer...they give you back a day for each time a year later that you used it, and so all my pre-natal Dr. appointments that I had every month will be added back to me each month this summer. It is confusing, I know.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Deb, I'm sorry to hear about the time-off problems. And you're right - it IS confusing!

But what's most important is that Amber is better! That's great news! Now you're ready for the next time around...

Gary and I don't have kids. My niece and nephew are 14 and 9. One of our customers, who has turned into Gary's best friend, has three children. When we met them, they were 5 and 1 1/2 (the 1 1/2 -year olds are twins). We were spending Christmas with them. I'd gone out with their mom and grandma. Our friend, Joe, went out with his ma, leaving Gary alone with the kids for about an hour.

His favorite, Joey-Anne, woke up and trundled over to him sniffing and coughing. Gary freaked out. He asked her older sister, Alexa-Marie, where the thermometer was. Alexa shows up with an ear thermometer, which Gary had never seen before. She has to show him how to use it (
). Joey has a temp of 101. Gary FREAKS. He wakes up Gigi (Gianna-Maria), bundles them all into their coats, hats, gloves, mittens. They're on their way out to the car, and thankfully Joe and his ma show up. Needless to say, the family had a great laugh at Gary's expense. Anne-Marie (mom) tells Gary - after five years of kids, you freak out only when the temp is 104 and you can't bring it down with a cool bath!

I guess all of that goes to say... kids seem to get sick pretty easily. And now that you have the vaporizer, you're prepared with all the proper tools! Hopefully this means she won't ever need it again. !!!

:tounge2:

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad Amber is doing better. It's so hard when a baby is sick. We feel so helpless!

deehome

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Debby,
Am so very pleased to read that precious Amber is feeling much better. Am sending contineous healing thoughts her way.
Blessed Be Amber & Debby.
Hugs, Dee
Mom to Jessie, Nikkie, Luckie, Lady, Sammy & Sassy Bear

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you!!! She still isn't completely over it yet, I don't know what more I can do, so I guess I will have to wait it out. She is alot better, but her nose still runs some, and she still coughs a little. Thanks for all the prayers! I know it has helped!!!

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear Amber is starting to feel better!