Saving this poor cat

crickets mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awsome!! No more hip bones poking out!! What a wonderful thing you did for Miss Kitty!!! Im so happy for her that YOU found her! It sound like she found a great caretaker! What a pretty girl too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shedevilx15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks guys =)  Shes sure something else.  I'm not really a "Cat person" and had little cat experience before this and a couple days ago she apparently got a hairball from licking herself for hours, and I had no idea what was happening and she looked like she was going to puke, and then she did start puking and I was chasing behind her trying to pat her back and calm her down but shes run somewhere else and puke more, and Id be right behind her with the paper towels and finally she puked up this nasty clump of hair mixed with food!  Ugh, absolutely disgusting!  But after that episode I ran out and got some squirty stuff you put on their food to help reduce hairballs, so hopefully that doesn't happen again! hahaha.  Shes got a little attitude, but very very sweet.  The vet told me to just wait until spring to see if she goes into heat and then ill know if she is or is not spayed, and if shes not then I can get her in to get spayed.

She knows shes a princess, she thinks she owns my bed!  Shes good though, always uses her litterbox =)

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pets, like children, introduce adults to the joys of all the excretions, exudations, and bodily fluids.  It just comes with the territory.

Sometimes, when you see the cat has a problem, it works to carefully move them onto a hard floor, but that may panic the cat and just spread around the damage.

There is no "sure-fire" method of eliminating hairballs.  It comes with the animal.  Some are worse (Punkin), some are better (Flambe), but almost all cats have them to some extent.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is just wonderful news.  If not for you, her chances were slim to none.

I just love happy endings.....I wish there were more.

God bless.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have found strays are often "funny" about food in cans.  Often, I've found that they may not eat the food out of bowl, when they will eat it out of the can.  Our Ella is like this, and keep in mind she was a Katrina survivor.  The odds are good that she lived for a while on food cans that were being put out by the rescue groups after the hurricane.  She will leave a perfectly good bunch of food on a clean plate to eat the little bit that's left in a can!