Savannah kitten with bad diarrhea.

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand, and I really appreciate the advice!

I am really glad, that, you understand. I just do not want to, worry you unnecessarily. Plus, I am really glad, that, I have been able to help you

I will absolutely take your advice and get and x-ray/ultrasound for kitty if it continues.

I hope, that, you do not have to use my advice. But, I am glad, that, you will use it, if, you need to. How is your F3 Savannah doing today? I know, this, is going to sound very very stupid, but, I get attached to all hybrid and exotics, that, I learn about or see in picture's. So, I know that, I can come off, way too strong. I just worry and have seen a lot of the "bad" issues regarding exotics and hybrids.

I must say, you seem like a very responsible owner. You seem like, you got the cat, for, "all the right reasons". Thank you, for, sharing your boy, with all of us. I can tell you, he is a very handsome F3 Savannah and he makes my
melt!

How is he doing today?

I'd like to hold off on changing their diet for a bit because in my experience ANY change in food causes the Bengal to get ill (diarrhea and vomiting)

Wow, I would not want to change his diet either. My only experience with SBT Bengal, like yours, is from doing rescue, Many of them, where, in very poor condition, when, they where given to me. So, I am quite familiar with Bengals and diarrhea. I have also been told, and noticed that, some Bengals, from some lines are prone to "IBS", Even when given a "proper" diet.

and he's been perfectly health for the last half year that I want to work very very slowly into a new diet

Yes, that, is a very very very very very very very wise decision!

and even then i dont' want to start switching over until I've figured out the reason the savannah is sick :) 

You are so smart, you thought of something, that, I did not think of
. Meaning, you need to see why, the Savannah, has intermittent diarrhea.The only way, that, I could see changing the Savannahs diet, is, if, the intermittent loose stools, continue, for months and he has no medical issues (pica item/infection, or any sort of parasite-worms or unicellular organism). Since, then, the intermittent diarrhea is most likely from diet.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ogkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's still doing great!  Although he did get a sock this morning (know clue where he got it from!) and he had a good chew before I noticed. Unfortunately that brings me back to square one if he gets diarrhea again, but so far he hasn't. 

I realized I haven't really posted any pics just of my beautiful bengal Furfur, so here he is :)

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi

How is your F3 Savannah doing? I am assuming no news is good news
. But, seriously, I really hope he is doing alright
. When you have time, I would love an update

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ogkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's better! My guess is that it was just something he ate that he shouldn't have eaten, because it doesn't appear to be anything else! He learned how to open the sock drawer so we had make them harder to open, but other than that he's doing great!

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's better!

All I can say is
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My guess is that it was just something he ate that he shouldn't have eaten, because it doesn't appear to be anything else!

Yea, that sounds likely based off of my experience with exotic cat hybrids

He learned how to open the sock drawer

Loki, around seven (7) months old learned how to open ALL my draws and cabinets. I can post some photo's of the external and internal locks that I used, if, you want.

so we had make them harder to open,

Aren't you glad, Savannahs, don't have thumbs. I sure am
!

but other than that he's doing great!

I am really really really glad, that, he is doing well. Just some
that he continues to do well
Lastly, maybe,  you could make a photo thread in the Fur Picture's and Video's? So that way, other people, could enjoy your F3 Savannah and Bengal