Saturday Question of the Day, Late Edition, the 12th of February, 2022

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Hello and Happy almost Valentine's Day and Super Bowl Sunday!

I've been thinking about sweet treats and dips, appetizers. I guess because of Valentine's Day and the Super Bowl.

I would love to have a cake that IKEA makes, that yummy chocolate one.

I would also like my mom's blue cheese ball, her hot German potato salad,and of course Buffalo chicken dip!

What would you like?
1644732751499.png

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Hello and Happy almost Valentine's Day and Super Bowl Sunday!

I've been thinking about sweet treats and dips, appetizers. I guess because of Valentine's Day and the Super Bowl.

I would also like my mom's blue cheese ball, her hot German potato salad,and of course Buffalo chicken dip!

What would you like?
View attachment 410693
The Hot German Potato salad is a definite . Buffalo Chicken dip sounds interesting . I'll pass on the Blue Cheese.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I didn't want it until you said Mia6 Mia6 but it's 6.30am here and I could really eat your mom's hot potato salad. :thumbsup: oh the hubby and son will be staying up late here in the UK for the superbowl him and my son will just sit in the middle of a pile of junk food. Crisp, chocolate, popcorn.I could go on and on. :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Portillo's chocolate cake is the gold standard for chocolate cakes in these parts.

I probably won't watch the game, but I'd love some big soft pretzels with cheese sauce. Won't get those either, lol.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
been thinking about sweet treats and dips, appetizers. I guess because of Valentine's Day and the Super Bowl.
I don't like dip much unless it's Mexican food type, like 7 layer dip, or condiments like marinara sauce, hot sauce, honey, mayo, mustard, ketchup. I don't like cake. I love blue cheese and extra sharp/aged. I prefer macaroni salad or tossed salad over potato salad. For appetizers, I like most fried or baked ones as long as they are vegetarian. Mozzarella Stix, Jalapeno Poppers, French Fries. I love vegetarian nuggets. Pizza or half a sub is always good. Or a sammich.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not big on dips, but I do really like a Mexican seven-layer dip with tortilla chips.

My favorite game day snack food is crispy wings with a sticky barbecue sauce on them. The kind that you need a stack of napkins handy while eating them.

I also am not as much of a sweets person as I used to be which is a good thing. There are still a few things that I like occasionally. A chewy brownie or a slice of key lime pie. I also like plain cheesecake and I am certainly not averse to it having a strawberry or raspberry sauce.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a dangerous question. I’m suddenly starving! I’ve always though football food was the best part of football.

I could definitely go for crab dip! The hot and cheesy kind or the chilled kind topped with cocktail sauce.

Buffalo chicken dip or pasta sounds amazing. But so does a good veggie/chesse/meat/cracker tray. We do pigs in a blanket for New Year’s Eve. Cocktail meatballs with a variety of sauces sounds perfect too. Right now I want some kind of Asian inspired sauce but BBQ sounds good.

I could go for Chicken Wings any day of the year.:yummy:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not much of an appetizer person so if I'm going to splurge on calories it's always dessert. Since I made a cinnamon chocolate chip banana bread yesterday I will be snacking on that with a cup of warm coffee. Otherwise I like dark chocolate covered espresso beans or my favorite dark chocolate almond butter cups. I only pop in while DH is watching the Super Bowl to see the commercials. :lol:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I couldn't care less about football. This question reminded me to look up the Kitten Bowl though. THAT I'm interested in. :happycat:

:angrycat:

I didn't know that Hallmark Channel Cancelled it (BOO!) and it was picked up by GAC Family (YAY!) Unfortunately it will not be on this year. It will debut on GAC Family in 2023. :sigh:

Kitten Bowl Officially Moves to GAC Media, Gets Renamed After Hallmark Cancellation (EXCLUSIVE)

I'm totally an appetizer person. Dips not so much. Desserts? Nah. I'll just head back to the appetizer table. I'm always ready for some soft pretzels with cheese too. No Velveeta though. Real cheese please. Hickory Farms makes a sweet hot mustard that is great on pretzels too. I also love mini corn dogs, fried calamari with garlic aioli or just with fresh lemon and salt. Chinese appetizers like dumplings, spring rolls, and spareribs (YUM!). I also love a good meat and cheese board with Italian or French bread or good quality crackers. Buffalo wings with blue cheese and celery.

Last edited:

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't care less about football. This question reminded me to look up the Kitten Bowl though. THAT I'm interested in. :happycat:

:angrycat:

I didn't know that Hallmark Channel Cancelled it (BOO!) and it was picked up by GAC Family (YAY!) Unfortunately it will not be on this year. It will debut on GAC Family in 2023. :sigh:

Kitten Bowl Officially Moves to GAC Media, Gets Renamed After Hallmark Cancellation (EXCLUSIVE)

I'm totally an appetizer person. Dips not so much. Desserts? Nah. I'll just head back to the appetizer table. I'm always ready for some soft pretzels with cheese too. No Velveeta though. Real cheese please. Hickory Farms makes a sweet hot mustard that it great on pretzels too. I also love mini corn dogs, fried calamari with garlic aioli or just with fresh lemon and salt. Chinese appetizers like dumplings, spring rolls, and spareribs (YUM!). I also love a good meat and cheese board with Italian or French bread or good quality crackers. Buffalo wings with blue cheese and celery.
I'm not a football fan either. IMO, the puppy bowl should be canceled if they aren't showing the kitten bowl.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not a football fan either. IMO, the puppy bowl should be canceled if they aren't showing the kitten bowl.
The Puppy Bowl is on Animal Planet. It's still on. I don't have a problem with that. Hallmark Channel is the villain here IMO. It looks like GAC Family will have kittens and puppies on when they air it next year. I'm all for dogs and cats getting great homes but IMO they should stick to kittens. Puppies already have their own special. Oh well.

Back to appetizers, now I am craving some Chinese spareribs. Big time. :rolleyes2:

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Puppy Bowl is on Animal Planet. It's still on. I don't have a problem with that. Hallmark Channel is the villain here IMO. It looks like GAC Family will have kittens and puppies on when they air it next year. I'm all for dogs and cats getting great homes but IMO they should stick to kittens. Puppies already have their own special. Oh well.

Back to appetizers, now I am craving some Chinese spareribs. Big time. :rolleyes2:
I subscribe to the Hallmark Channel. Unfortunately the latest news about them is that many of their actors & actresses have left going to uptv.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a dip I haven’t made in ages. You heat a mixture of cooked Jimmy dean sausage, velveta cheese, cream cheese and Rotel tomatoes in a crockpot and served it with Doritos. So good!
That sounds so good. I had some vegetarian sausage for lunch and that dip would have gone so good with it. I heard the price of Velveta was going to go way up this year. I don't eat it too often but once in awhile I have a taste for it.

I did not have dinner tonight. A care taker just gave me two servings of peach cobbler left over from dinner. I'll eat that and have some Tostitos and some cheese dip while I watch the game. I like both desserts, dips and appetizers. I would love to have a cheese sub with mayo, lettuce, onion and tomatoes right now and a side dish of veggie chilli.

So far the Rams are wining 14 to 10. Yah! I've seen two cute commercials. A Doritos and a Ubber eats ad.