Saturday Night at the Movies

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I've ever seen a movie thread here. Is that possible? Anyway, I am a movie nut and have decided to talk about the movie I see each Saturday. I see loads of movies and TV shows, but Saturday is my Netflix night.

This was Saturday's offering. It was terrific, but too much yakking and not enough music.

All comments would be greatly enjoyed on any movie I post.

http://www.netflix.com/WiSearch?oq=&...ory+of+the+who

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby and I get a movie from Netflix each week and watch it on Saturday after our date night dinners

This past Saturday's movie was National Treasure: Book of Secrets. I'd never seen either one (saw the first one the previous week) but really enjoyed them.
They were very informative. The first one reminded me a lot of "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown. Especially with all the Masonic talk, the symbols, cryptograms, etc. I love informative historical movies.

Not even sure what's on the queue for this week.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

Not even sure what's on the queue for this week.
I never know what my movie will be until I open the envelope. I like to be surprised.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We watch movies several nights a week - big movie fans here. This weekend, we watched the newest Rambo movie ("Rambo") which I think is hilarious. Theres a lot of ridiculous gore, Stallone is pretty much at his best, and is the perfect 90 minute length for my preferred action movie.

Netflix is finally available in Canada so I think I might try it out....but we have a lot of own movies we should be watching

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Februa

but we have a lot of own movies we should be watching
What do you mean? Netflix has movies from all round the world. In fact, I am streaming a movie right now from Canada - The Sweet Hereafter.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why not chat here? That's the whole point of the thread.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Primula

Why not chat here? That's the whole point of the thread.
True, but I'm thinking between the 2 of us and the other movie buffs/critics on here this thread will get over 500 posts in no time. But until then sure here works.

adriana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I saw Easy A on Friday and really enjoyed it! I give it a thumbs up.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

True, but I'm thinking between the 2 of us and the other movie buffs/critics on here this thread will get over 500 posts in no time. But until then sure here works.
Yup im another one that has seen more movies than sense

We have just started watching the karate kid films again

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Netflix only became available in Canada about a week ago. Its $7.99 a month, and does not include any hard copy DVDs, or any recent titles. So not the same service....and as for movies we own, we have hundreds. Its pretty much a hoard....and often we buy faster than we watch, so theres a backup right now

Watched 27 Dresses last night while the bf was watching football. Great chick flick imo

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

What do you mean? Netflix has movies from all round the world. In fact, I am streaming a movie right now from Canada - The Sweet Hereafter.
Isn't that a powerful movie? One of my favourites.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

Yup im another one that has seen more movies than sense

We have just started watching the karate kid films again
I saw the new one with Jackie Chan when it came out, but I haven't seen the originals for YEARS! I'm sure I have them somewhere in my collection. I'll have to watch them again.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH bought Iron Man 2 and we watched it last night. Not quite as good as the first one, but still very good. I am a gig Mickey Rourke fan, and he made a great villain.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I am a gig Mickey Rourke fan, and he made a great villain.
This was the first movie we watched when we got our new TV last week and I 100% agree with you. I think Rourke was the highlight of the movie - he did a very good job.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

True, but I'm thinking between the 2 of us and the other movie buffs/critics on here this thread will get over 500 posts in no time.
Nothing wrong with that.

Netflix only became available in Canada about a week ago. Its $7.99 a month, and does not include any hard copy DVDs, or any recent titles. So not the same service....and as for movies we own, we have hundreds. Its pretty much a hoard....and often we buy faster than we watch, so theres a backup right now

Watched 27 Dresses last night while the bf was watching football. Great chick flick imo
So are you saying you only stream movies from Netflix? That they don't actually mail you anything? BTW, you pay about a dollar less than we do for one movie at a time.

Sorry, but I hated 27 Dresses.

Originally Posted by Keycube

Isn't that a powerful movie? One of my favourites.
The Sweet Hereafter wasn't bad. When I love a movie, I have to watch it more than one, but once was more than enough for this particular movie.

This was the first movie we watched when we got our new TV last week and I 100% agree with you. I think Rourke was the highlight of the movie - he did a very good job.
If you like Mickey Rourke, you have to see The Wrestler or even his very old movie, Diner. He's terrific in both.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ah, The Sweet Hereafter is a very good movie!! I love my Netflix!!! I get three movies at a time and watch them with a big bowl of popcorn on my days off. Right now I'm in the process of watching Ken Burn's Civil War documentary.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bellaandme

Right now I'm in the process of watching Ken Burn's Civil War documentary.
I absolutely loved that series. I'd love to find it really cheap on ebay

We're big movie people, too (DH more than me---he'll watch anything).
We're waiting impatiently for the movie "Red" to open this weekend (Helen Mirren, Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich), and, of course, the new Harry Potter movie next month.
We don't do NetFlix; we have 100s and 100s of movies to chose from right here at home. We need to start replacing our VHS tapes with DVDs but it's going to cost a small fortune.

The last movie we watched at home was District 9. Really good the first time you see it.