Sashka's new home

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Wow what a fantastic way of putting it. Thank you, that really does help, actually!
The "jar with two handles" part came from a philosophy class about 25 years ago! I think it was Aristotle who said it...I'm sure someone here at TCS will remember. I wasn't too impressed with philosophy over all, but that little saying stuck with me! LOL!

I foster, so have given up many cats who I could easily have kept, if only I had the energy to scoop multiple litterboxes, and they would have fit better with my fur family. Sweet Sugartoes was mine for 7 months, and ruled the roost, putting my kitties in their place as her minions. Now she is happily an only cat. Or dear Sarabi, a shadow kitty who was outside all her life until a good soul brought her too us. She hissed and spit at my cats, striking fear into the heart of Garfield, who is at least an inch taller than her! She even ran off Will once or twice, and he is my big (neutered) tomcat who is outside half the time, protecting his property, which is much more than the measly 4 acres I own!

It is hard to say goodbye, even when you never planned to keep the kitties. It must be so much harder when it is a fur family member. But you will heal, and get over the anger and pain. Be "pathetic and self-indulgent" for a time. It is part of the healing process!