Sasha update for those who have followed

sashasmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

For those new brief summary...my main coone sasha had a pyometra and almost died. After emergency surgery became very mean and started attacking my other cats and me. I found out this is a common this after this surgery and after turning to here and constant reading of internet and drugs for her I came to understand we need time. I lost patience and decided i would try to rehome her, but it didnt have to come to that.

It is Dec7th like 3 months after and I am happy to report we still have sasha who has calmed down 100 percent she walks past the 2 cats she was having a problem with. They still hate her but it has now toned down to just hissing no fighting. I am finally able to sleep with my husband in my room again. I no longer lock anyone up. I leave a baby gate up when i leave but onyx knocks it down. I feel bad that cuddles and onyx stay in the back of the house but I feel soon enough they will have gained trust again and walk around without running in fear.

Thank you everyone for your advice it was tough and I know it was trying but to much happened at once. My mom is fighting breast cancer, sasha got sick and then my house was torn apart. but we are finally getting there.

duckdodgers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear that things are getting better.  I wouldn't feel bad about them separating themselves- mine have never physically hurt each other, but I don't know that I'll get to the point where I feel comfortable leaving them alone together!