Sasha, My Best Friend

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

max6166

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hope that this is not breaking any rules here, but I am only trying to help you with depression as I too years ago struggled with it, perhaps not to the depths that you are but over the years I have found great relief from a high quality fish oil supplement and also vitamin D3, and when I was very much struggling with anxiety after Sebastian died and some other stressors in my life at the same time my friend in the local health food store told me about Holy Basil, an herb that is an adaptogen, which just helps you feel calm and even though the stress is still there you can deal with it. I have not taken any medicine for many years now for depression, and I think these things as well as drinking lots of water are the reason why.

Again, to the moderators I hope that this is not against the rules by suggesting these things, I am only trying to relate things that have helped me and am not telling him what to do, just putting it out there that some of this might be an option that he doesn't know about.

Thank you....
Thank you les26. Unfortunately, I tried Omega3+D3 for a very long time. I researched and tried every nutritional supplement that could potentially help, but no luck. There really isn't anything with any credibility that I haven't tried at this point, and I keep track of the latest developments. I do appreciate you mentioning it though. Hope you are doing well now. All the best.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you les26. Unfortunately, I tried Omega3+D3 for a very long time. I researched and tried every nutritional supplement that could potentially help, but no luck. There really isn't anything with any credibility that I haven't tried at this point, and I keep track of the latest developments. I do appreciate you mentioning it though. Hope you are doing well now. All the best.
I guess you also tried Tryptophan then too...

Well that settles it, the only anti depressant that WILL work is another kitty in need! :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Please forgive me for this if I am out of turn, but...I know depression, although not to the degree you have suffered it. And I know the love for and of a cat. I also know that for Sasha's sake, you must, somehow, find the will to at least try to continue. It would be so sad if all he gave you was for naught. Someday, his spirit may well guide you to another cat who will willingly and with love, continue his work without trying to replace him, which is impossible.

And try not to feel the need to apologize to us, not on this thread, which is about grief and loss. This is a safe place to do that, and if it helps you, then we will listen. We are a community here, and in many ways, a family, and when one of us is in pain, we all, to one degree or another, feel that pain. We are here, and we care.

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss of Sasha. I also know the crushing sorrow and sadness that seems to have no end. I know the guilt, the anxiety, the anger, the emptiness, loneliness, depression and totally numb and lost feeling. I suppose I'm like everyone else, having past and present problems and losses. None of my problems and losses compare to the loss of Boney Girl in 2015 followed by Xena in 2016. I'm a different guy without them. I was also a different guy with them. I now realize how lucky and blessed I was to share the time we had together. I also know that my cats and Sasha are now in perfect condition in a perfect place. I've cried and cried long and often in the beginning. I still cry after 31 and 9 months. I'm a man in my mid 50's and it is ok. The sad tears become happy tears eventually. I'm glad you have come here to TSC. TSC is part of my recovery. I came here for support. I continue to stay here to learn to be the best cat daddy I can be and to support and share with others. We all recover in our own way. I have done several things to help myself. My wife and I had a private service for our kitties. We buried them here. I pass their graves anytime I leave or return home. I can visit when I feel I need to. I can keep this area clean and groomed. I planted flowers around them and bring them cut flowers from my gardens. I talk about them to whoever will listen and expect nothing from those who do not understand. I wrote about them everything I can remember. I self published an ebook about Boney. I made a picture memorial on a wall and gathered all the photos and videos of them in one place for easy access and made back ups. I joined a cat forum--TCS. I look at other cat sources. One of the most comforting things I did was to get portrait tattoos of them on my chest. There are many memorial tattoo possibilities. Finally after 9 catless months, just 2 weeks ago we adopted a 3 year old kitty from a local shelter. This was definitely the best step to finding my new normal. It all takes time and it is not easy. I wish you peace.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

max6166

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss of Sasha. I also know the crushing sorrow and sadness that seems to have no end. I know the guilt, the anxiety, the anger, the emptiness, loneliness, depression and totally numb and lost feeling. I suppose I'm like everyone else, having past and present problems and losses. None of my problems and losses compare to the loss of Boney Girl in 2015 followed by Xena in 2016. I'm a different guy without them. I was also a different guy with them. I now realize how lucky and blessed I was to share the time we had together. I also know that my cats and Sasha are now in perfect condition in a perfect place. I've cried and cried long and often in the beginning. I still cry after 31 and 9 months. I'm a man in my mid 50's and it is ok. The sad tears become happy tears eventually. I'm glad you have come here to TSC. TSC is part of my recovery. I came here for support. I continue to stay here to learn to be the best cat daddy I can be and to support and share with others. We all recover in our own way. I have done several things to help myself. My wife and I had a private service for our kitties. We buried them here. I pass their graves anytime I leave or return home. I can visit when I feel I need to. I can keep this area clean and groomed. I planted flowers around them and bring them cut flowers from my gardens. I talk about them to whoever will listen and expect nothing from those who do not understand. I wrote about them everything I can remember. I self published an ebook about Boney. I made a picture memorial on a wall and gathered all the photos and videos of them in one place for easy access and made back ups. I joined a cat forum--TCS. I look at other cat sources. One of the most comforting things I did was to get portrait tattoos of them on my chest. There are many memorial tattoo possibilities. Finally after 9 catless months, just 2 weeks ago we adopted a 3 year old kitty from a local shelter. This was definitely the best step to finding my new normal. It all takes time and it is not easy. I wish you peace.
Thank you so much, boney girl dad. I looked at your photos of Boney Girl and Xena and they really touched my heart. They were beautiful and I could sense the love you have for them.

We are likely going to adopt 1 or 2 rescue cats soon from the same place we got Sasha. I am very nervous about doing so, but I think we need to.

I am not capable now of writing very much, or expressing how appreciative I am of everyone's messages. I have re-read them all many times and they do help tremendously.

Last edited:

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Max6166, there will be better days ahead. All of us here who have lost their loved pet companions know that. And you will also.

Sasha cant be replaced, she will always be special, you will always remember her and other loving, gentle and sweet kitties can be added.

This is not the end of the road, but a rather a fork in your journey.

Take your time, grieve, recover and then share your love with other kitties who desperately need your help.

That is what my wife and I did when our little motu passed. We have found joy with our new cat members that we did not know existed.

Kitten70

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sasha was truly my therapy cat. I was so reliant on him to get me through each day. As you all know, a cat is not just a cat; she/he is your cat and unlike any other. After 12 years together, we knew each other and had an intimate rapport and routine.
Just read your story and this quote above it's so true... I am very sorry for your loss and have felt in a similar way after I lost my cat Kitty just 3 weeks ago. Hang in there, try to think about the good times you spent with Sasha and the good memories you have. Look at old pictures, print them and put them around your desk or house if that helps. That time you had with him will always be yours and it will be very special. Every moment, every second you spent together, will be a special one that you will keep in your memory forever, you both were lucky to have each other for that special time.

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss. Sasha was your best friend. Of course it broke something inside of you. It's a horrible pain that we feel when we lose our best fur friend. They love us unconditionally and most of us love them back that way, too. this pain we feel really does come close to depression. We are sad, we miss them and we hurt. You will never find another Sasha, but I am willing to bet that there is another cat out there that is looking for the love you have inside of you waiting to give them. Maybe not right away, but please don't discount that option. You need someone to give your love to. That's just my opinion on it. I wish you the best and send you a hug across the way. I truly know how you feel.

CatCake

Eating cake
Young Cat
Purraise
It takes us back to brighter years,
to happier sunlit days,
and to precious moments
that will be with us always.

And these fond recollections
are treasured in the heart
to bring us always close to those
from whom we had to part.

There is a bridge of memories
from earth to Heaven above…
It keeps our dear ones near us
It’s the bridge that we call love.

Hello, I know what hard pain you're going through by the loss of my sweet chicken, summer. She was as bright as the sun, sweet as a rose, and funny as a clown. Any chicken you would dream for. One day, she was gone...

You may get over this but never forget the loss..
Hang in there...