Sarabie's kittens-six weeks old!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My babies, born 3/14/06, are six weeks old today. They are all doing well, after a close call with diarrhea due to roundworms and tapeworms.

Here is Momma Sarabi, a stray found at a homeless shelter in Chicago. She is always crawling all over me when I am in the kitty room, and it has been difficult to get a good picture. This is from when I vacuumed the room! LOL Finally she goes and lays down! She is going to make someone a very good pet once she gets adopted out!

This is a picture of the "twins", Spazzou and Zazzou. Zazzou was hit hardest with the worms, and became quite skinny. She is now on the mend, in fact this morning weighed exactly ONE POUND! I am so happy! Spazz is sitting up, and Zazz is laying down.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is sweet Rafiki, trying to get a quick nap, if I will quit with the incessant flash of the camera! Rafiki was the runt, although now weighs almost 2 ounces more that Zazz.

And fluffy Pumba, the only gray!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My special baby Miracle...who is a combination tuxedo kitty, with a few stripes showing...and LONG FUR!

Last but not least, the three sisters, Spazzou, Pumba, and Milky Way, in the carrier. Although they are only 6 weeks old, they are off to another (experienced) foster home today. They went for their initial shots at the vet, and have settled in nicely.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Mom, Miss Mew, Daisy, Zak&Rocky, Catlover, BabyH, and FurryFerals. Although I have seen them daily, sometimes when I look in their little faces I am amazed at how adorable they are! I really love each and every tiny baby, and am so thankful they are all doing well. Our kitten board has been very sad this year, and I know I am blessed to have such healthy babies!

And honestly...I highly recommend calling your local rescue and volunteering to foster just one litter of kittens. Sure, you have to give them up, but the love they share with you when you have them is priceless. When you open a new can of food, and one or two of the kittens prefer to sit on your lap rather than eating their breakfast...it is incredibly sweet. Or today, when Zazzou weighed in at a full pound!
It's like having your child ace a test. I'm telling you....this is a GREAT hobby!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They're growing up so quickly! It's been such a joy seeing each phase of your babies' development, and they really do get more adorable every day!
That's such a sweet photo of Sarabi, too! Thank you so much for these precious photos!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww, they grew up so beautifully!
Is Sarabi going with them?

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Aww, they grew up so beautifully!
Is Sarabi going with them?
No, I get to keep Sarabi and the other 3 babies for another week or two. Although there is a new foster Momma with tiny babies needing a home...so I may trade them all off for the new litter. Whatever our coordinator thinks is best.

Our agency doesn't usually separate the kittens from the Mom this young, but since I live about an hour from all the shows, this way some of the babies can go to preadoption shows. And Sarabi won't end up weaning 6 abruptly, she still gets to keep a few babies.

It is hard to see them go, but since I work full time...it is nice to know they are getting more human contact all day. And three are together, and have had vaccinations. As soon as they are big enough to be wormed (1-1/2 pounds for Drontal), I'm sure they will have the run of the house with other kitties for further socialization.

Sarabi is doing fine...doesn't seem to have missed a beat.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So 6 weeks is about when yours are hitting a pound? I'm wondering then how old mine really are. Even with the illness both of my two are sitting over 1lb. We aren't really sure about their ages since they were turned in...i was guessing around 5 weeks. Any idea if they need to be a certain weight to get strongit?

ps: your foster babies are ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

My special baby Miracle...who is a combination tuxedo kitty, with a few stripes showing...and LONG FUR!
You are doing wonderful work for kitties who deserve a chance at life.
I am glad to see Miracle doing so well.
:
You deserve applause for a difficult job will done.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

You are doing wonderful work for kitties who deserve a chance at life.
I am glad to see Miracle doing so well.
:
You deserve applause for a difficult job will done.
Thanks! They are all adorable, but Miracle IS very special, isn't he?!?