Sarabi is going to be spayed tomorrow!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is the link to her birthing story...not quite as detailed as Skittles (LOL), but a happy tale if you have time to read it!
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80236

Now she goes to the vet for her spay surgery. She will also be checked for if there is a medical reason for her hair loss. (She seems to have licked herself partially bald from her waist back!) And she pees more than any other kitty I know of...very large pee clumps, so they will do labwork to rule out any health problems.

I'll pick her up after work, and then she will live here to settle into home life, and let her fur grow back. Then she will be up for adoption.

All but one of her kittens have been adopted, one by a co-worker.

And I learned that my last foster Mom CoCo was adopted, and her new family just adores her!

Here is a link to their pics.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...highlight=Coco

My new foster is hissy and growly...so she and her 6 kits are moving Sunday...here is her link!
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...hlight=natalie

I'll be down to 5 cats for the summer!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Here is the link to her birthing story...not quite as detailed as Skittles (LOL), but a happy tale if you have time to read it!
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80236

Now she goes to the vet for her spay surgery. She will also be checked for if there is a medical reason for her hair loss. (She seems to have licked herself partially bald from her waist back!) And she pees more than any other kitty I know of...very large pee clumps, so they will do labwork to rule out any health problems.

I'll pick her up after work, and then she will live here to settle into home life, and let her fur grow back. Then she will be up for adoption.

All but one of her kittens have been adopted, one by a co-worker.

And I learned that my last foster Mom CoCo was adopted, and her new family just adores her!
My new foster is hissy and growly...so she and her 6 kits are moving Sunday...I'll be down to 5 cats for the summer!
Great news Beckiboo!!

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so rattled right now! I am generally a very calm person...but when the kitties go for surgery I get sooo nervous! I am very excited for her to be spayed, and have the vet check out her hairloss. But I will be very nervous all day, until I can pick her up.

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Did you already drop her off? Or counting down until it's time to go in?

Try not to worry, she'll be just fine!
Give her some extra loving when she comes home. Maybe a special new toy or treat for the special girl.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your are rattled because you care so much.
I am sending lots of positive, calming, healing vibes your way.

Sarabi

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Beckiboo;
I just went through all the links back to the newborn pics...they are so cute...how are they all doing?

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the babies are adopted except the gray fuzzy-Pumba. They all did just fine...moved to a new foster home at 6-7 weeks.

I'm at work today, so dh dropped Sarabi off for me. He said she was real quiet in the car. She is a street cat...so the carrier and vet are all new to her, and makes her very scared! One of the vet techs at the office works with my rescue (Second Chance), so I'm sure Rabs is in good hands. But I hate to think of her hungry and frightened!

It will be lovely in a few days, though, when I can open her bedroom door so she can join the family and become a house cat! Once her fur grows back in, she will be up for adoption, but I'll get her til then!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just spoke to the vets office, she is already awake and recovering from her spay!
And the vet says the hairloss is due to stress! Now I want to leave work early and go get her...must be responsible and stay til quitting time!!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are home, safe and sound. Have I mentioned how much I love Sarabi?!? At the vets, and in the car, she stayed way back in the carrier, curled in a little ball. She napped a little on the way home, and even when awake was totally quiet.

Then we got home. The moment we entered the door, she walked to the door of the carrier and meowed. (She is generally a pretty quiet cat.) Then I let her out in her room, with fresh water and food. She was all loving and purring and rubbing on me. I wish I didn't already have 4 of my own cats inside...she would be so easy to keep!

Thanks for all the help I've gotten here with Rabs and her babies! I'm glad I get to keep her a while longer while her fur grows in...

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, Jenny! She also gained weight..a couple weeks ago whe weighed 5 lbs, and now she is 6 pounds 13 oz!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Have I mentioned how much I love Sarabi?!?
You didn't need to say it.
Could tell just from the posts you had on her. She sounds like a darling.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sarabi seems to be recovering well from the spay. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to look at this beautiful (but thin) girl and know she will never need to go through the danger of a pregnancy again!

I have opened the door to her room, and she has been sneaking out. Occasionally she will lay just outside the door, curled up with her tail tight against her body. DH even saw her in our bedroom, which is a good 35 feet from the kitty room! She had to go down a hallway and across the kitchen to get there! She skitters quickly back to her safety zone when she sees us, but the fact that she is exploring is very encouraging.

My in and out boy Will is trying to help by eating all her food in her room. He is soooo thoughtful! Although it annoyed me at first, she did have a better appetite last night! I guess knowing if she doesn't eat up, he may come along and finish it off is really bringing out her appetite. She has plenty of dry kitten food, but the canned food is only put out once a day.