Sarabi has moved on!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My foster kitty Sarabi has moved on to a new foster home! Actually, she will be staying with a co-worker who's 16-17 y/o daughter has been wanting a cat. But with 2 dogs, my friend did not want to keep getting pets and end up left with a "zoo" when her kids leave home. So her dd agreed to foster Sarabi.

Sarabi is a lovely little foster girl who was found at a homeless shelter on the streets of Chicago by a great guy. She fought with the resident cat, so he searched until he found a rescue to take Sarabi. She had her 6 kittens at my house, and once the kittens were transferred to another foster home, Sarabi licked herself almost bald from the stress.

Then she got spayed, and the vet confirmed it was stress causing the hairloss. Once she began to recover from the spay surgery, I let her loose in my house, and she has slowly been taking over. Although she is way smaller than the other cats, she has most of them frightened of her. The only one who isn't afraid is Festus, who had daily sparring matches with her.

So now she is off to a cat free home. Her fur is about 1/2 way grown in. She does sit on the couch now, but needs to get more comfy in a house. Then in a month or so, she can go up for adoption and hopefully find a loving forever home!

Although she was a quiet little thing, the house seems totally empty without her. No hissing or fussing. No Sarabi rubbing at my feet, or reaching up for pets, while refusing to sit on my lap. Her little room is just empty!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prayers for Sarabai to continue to improve & to find her true home very soon. The love & shelter that you provided for her has renewed her trust in humanity & for that I salute you!
How difficult it must be to give up a foster; yet, you continue with your rescue work...what a full heart you have!
Susan

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are so full of love and grace to give up such a wonderful animal. When we adopted Scratch Fury Destroyer of Worlds his foster Mom cried. I knew then that I was getting a very special animal. Just know that you gave this cat the best start possible.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

Prayers for Sarabai to continue to improve & to find her true home very soon. The love & shelter that you provided for her has renewed her trust in humanity & for that I salute you!
How difficult it must be to give up a foster; yet, you continue with your rescue work...what a full heart you have!
Susan
Thank you, Susan. I am honored by your kind words!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

You are so full of love and grace to give up such a wonderful animal. When we adopted Scratch Fury Destroyer of Worlds his foster Mom cried. I knew then that I was getting a very special animal. Just know that you gave this cat the best start possible.
Thanks. I was just short of tears when my Blue and Sugartoes got adopted. Blue's adoptive father was kind enough to e-mail me pics, so I know she has done beautifully. I'm sure Sarabi (aka Rabs) will do better at the new foster home. Totally doted on by a loving teenager, and with no other cats to fuss at. But she really worked her way into my heart! It still seems strange without her this morning....time to go get my next foster!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yay for Sarabi!
Best of luck to her in her new foster home!
This is for you Beckiboo as I know you will be missing her....
The poor sweet little girl has been through so much already, I hope & pray she finds her new forever home soon so that she can get adjusted and start living life without stress.

Good Luck Sarabi!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Thanks. I was just short of tears when my Blue and Sugartoes got adopted. Blue's adoptive father was kind enough to e-mail me pics, so I know she has done beautifully. I'm sure Sarabi (aka Rabs) will do better at the new foster home. Totally doted on by a loving teenager, and with no other cats to fuss at. But she really worked her way into my heart! It still seems strange without her this morning....COLOR="Red"]time to go get my next foster!:[/color]lol3:
This is exactly the way to look at it! You know there is another one out there who needs you! You usually do pregnant cats, right? In that case, they always need foster homes for pregnant cats! I know we only have 1 for our HS & she has 6 moms at a time!!