Santa is Coming??

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

And it's not even Thanksgiving yet. Evidently Santa is coming to a local mall on November 20.....Thanksgiving is November 25. Talk about rushing the holiday!

Don't get me wrong; I love Christmas. But good grief. I'm waiting for Santa to start arriving before Halloween!
i just drove to the grocery store - one person already has Christmas lights up!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Our local mall had Christmas decs up the 1st week of October. What a nauseating thought...I understand that they need to get people shopping for the holiday, but it just irks me to see the decs up that early. At least wait until Halloween is done! Of course, I have to think about Christmas right now, as Christmas in my family has to be celebrated 2 days after Thanksgiving this year! It's really been hard to do . I've spent the past few days trying to psyche myself into Christmas...it's not working too well. I have to start wrapping gifts this week! Now, I have to be one of those people that I criticise for having their Christmas decs up way too early!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i just drove to the grocery store - one person already has Christmas lights up!
Our local weatherweenie said that a lot of people would probably be outside this coming week to put Christmas lights up because the weather is supposed to unseasonably warm. DH mentioned last night that be just might become one of them!

Originally Posted by MargeCat

Of course, I have to think about Christmas right now, as Christmas in my family has to be celebrated 2 days after Thanksgiving this year! It's really been hard to do . I've spent the past few days trying to psyche myself into Christmas...it's not working too well. I have to start wrapping gifts this week! Now, I have to be one of those people that I criticise for having their Christmas decs up way too early!
Well, sometimes you have to do it early. We may be in that same situation b/c Dad's health is not good. At this point, we're going to try to get through Thanksgiving and then take it from there. But we may be having Christmas with my parents early this year, just so that Dad can be here with us.

We went to a mall on Saturday.....and there were Christmas carols!!

Don't get me wrong; I just love Christmas. I love decorating the house and DH will go outside and string all the lights on the house and on our trees. Just b/c he knows how much I love lights. I love having Christmas trees in the house, although we've decided to only put one tree up this year because we have a feeling Mollipop is going to be quite the little devil with ornaments this year. So we'll only have the tree in the living room. But I truly love decorating for Christmas and then sitting in the dark with the Christmas lights on all night.