Sam's Club Rotisserie Chicken... How bad of a mistake did I make?

Baz84

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Heya,

So I bought some Sam's Club Rotisserie Chicken - my cats went crazy from the smell. So... I felt bad and REMOVED the skin and fed it. I assumed removing the skin where the seasoning is should be okay. But was I wrong? The chicken when I tried it tasted "unseasoned" without the skin... but still I'm getting worried now. I called two Sam's clubs and both said they outsource it so they can't give me the ingredients for the dry run.

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My OPINION only... I probably wouldn't do it in future. I get the Costco rotisserie chickens and they are highly seasoned. No chicken tastes that good without being seasoned with salt and probably some other things. I even think the Costco chicken has ingredients listed on the package and it's not just "chicken". So watch their bowels, but then they should be fine. Not like it's poison or anything. If they love chicken, I find that plain, boiled chicken does the trick too. You're a good cat parent for even questioning it! I know a lot of others feed table scraps, but I don't like dealing with barf, diarrhea, or vet visits! 🙂