Sami is STILL sick and STILL at the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bellaandme

Oh sweetie, I'm sorry. I've been praying for the right thing for Sami since I first saw your thread. If your vet said, "I don't want to kill her, please don't let her die", then I think thats a bit shocking to hear from a vet. I felt terrible for you and your baby when I read that! Does she think that helping a cat pass over and free it of pain is murder? A vet should want to do whats best for the cat. That must have made you feel terrible. If you haven't seen any hopeful improvements in her condition then I think I would take her away from that vet. This isn't how you want her to spend what remaining time she has left. I'm keeping you and Sami in my heart during this difficult time.
That's the thing. Sami did look better. She was chatty, gave me hugs and even some rare kisses. She was quite a bit perkier than the last time I saw her. She was interested in people walking by and the other animals. The vet really seems to think these pills will help. She just started her on them yesterday, I think, and they are working a bit already.

I went in there with the mind set that she was to be put down if there was no improvement but even I got a little hopeful after seeing her today. I'll give the vet the benefit of the doubt for now, considering how lively Sami was, but if I find that she still isn't well enough to come home in the next week, I'll have to get her and take her somewhere else.

Thanks again, for the well wishes, vibes and prayers.