Sale Price S&C Freeze Dried

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm, that is interesting since I also ordered Feline Natural, and he (Tony) didn't mention anything about it being back-ordered when he said they would re-ship.

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm, that is interesting since I also ordered Feline Natural, and he (Tony) didn't mention anything about it being back-ordered when he said they would re-ship.
I don't know if the term back-ordered is correct, honestly. He did tell me that he had to get it shipped from some other place since he didn't have it in stock. Maybe split-order is the correct term? Regardless, I wish I woulda known ahead of time in a form of an email so I wouldn't have freaked out earlier, haha. 

Last edited:

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just got another shipping notice, with the same tracking number. I think they somehow forgot to send the package to Fedex. It's in transit now, so as long as I get the complete order, I won't complain too much.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Their shipping is a wee bit disorganized, and sometimes not so fast. But for free I won't complain :tongue2:, especially considering how much my order weighs! :eek: And if there's a problem I just send them an e-mail and they fix it right away. But I do always order well in advance of when I'll actually need it.

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's the same free shipping I get from chewy.com. Any order $49 and up gets you free shipping on most of the online pet stores. I did like the sale prices and the additional discount, so it will be worth it if I get my order. I did send an email which I didn't get a response to, but calling did the trick, and they have shipped it now. Good to know for the future about ordering well in advance though. The service at chewy is great, but their prices aren't as competitive.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I just rec'd my order today, and it's incomplete, but there is a note inside indicating such, so all is good.  The only thing missing in mine is a little toy I ordered to get my order up to $49.  Interestingly enough, my order DID include the Feline Naturals.  Can't wait to try it.  Think it will be on the lunch menu today for Miss Callie

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I went downstairs to check the mail and then found out that was a FedEx missed-delivery note. I bet you that was the Feline Natural. It's weird though because I never got the second tracking info as Doggiefood said I would receive it once it's shipped. Ah, oh well.

mrsgreenjeens lemme know how your cats like the Feline Natural! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

harleydiva

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I went downstairs to check the mail and then found out that was a FedEx missed-delivery note. I bet you that was the Feline Natural. It's weird though because I never got the second tracking info as Doggiefood said I would receive it once it's shipped. Ah, oh well.

mrsgreenjeens lemme know how your cats like the Feline Natural! :)
I got a bag of Feline Natural also....haven't tried it yet though.  I got two bags of S&C and opened one of them first.  I'm interested to see how they like the Feline Naturals.  

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went back and looked at my e-mails. . .if you need to e-mail them, use [email protected] and you'll get a quick response (you can find it under the heading of "the doggiefood.com promise"). The general e-mail doesn't seem to get much attention but if you send it to Tony he'll get someone on it right away. I just had to e-mail them about my last order. . .I really wish they had better service to begin with :(. But at least they fix mistakes quickly.

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Willowy, thanks for that info. Tony is the helpful guy I spoke with when I called. The general [email protected] address seems useless. I never got a response. 

spiderplant

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We just received the 2nd part(1st was incomplete) of our order(placed on the 7th) today. There was a note included that said they were out of the Dr. Harvey's freeze-dried tripe for cats so they replaced it with the dog one. The dog one is 3oz rather than 2oz and about $4.50 more than the cat version; I can't complain.
 Four out of six boys love it, btw. I hope that means they'll like frozen tripe as well. 

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've read so many complaints in other forums about that on line store that I've decided the aggravation would not be worth the savings to me.

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I got a bag of Feline Natural also....haven't tried it yet though.  I got two bags of S&C and opened one of them first.  I'm interested to see how they like the Feline Naturals.  
As far as the Feline Naturals go, Callie LOVES it, Tinky is so/so, and Darko doesn't like it.  I'm torn, because I wanted to try it for Callie because it has green lipped mussels in it, and since she hates salmon oil and is only so/so on krill oil, wanted to see how she felt about green lipped mussel oil before I shelled out the money to buy it.  However, I emailed Feline Naturals to find out the percentage of bone in this, and they responded between 15 and 20%.   First of all, that's kind of a vague response. And second, that's WAY too high for my liking
.  I'm just glad I give it only as a treat and not as a full meal 

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
mrsgreenjeens, thanks for that info on the bone content of Feline Naturals. I did finally get my order on Wed but haven't tried it yet. I noticed the bag said it's good for at least 3 days once opened, which made me pause because there's no way Aria is going to finish that big bag in 3 days. I'm hoping it's actually more like the S&C's and lasts longer. Anyone have any experience on how long it stays fresh? I'll probably email the company this week.

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
mrsgreenjeens, thanks for that info on the bone content of Feline Naturals. I did finally get my order on Wed but haven't tried it yet. I noticed the bag said it's good for at least 3 days once opened, which made me pause because there's no way Aria is going to finish that big bag in 3 days. I'm hoping it's actually more like the S&C's and lasts longer. Anyone have any experience on how long it stays fresh? I'll probably email the company this week.
My interpretation was that AFTER you rehydrate it, it will last for up to 3 days if you refridgerate any uneaten rehydrated portion.  I'm thinking the bag has an expiration date on it somewhere.  should be good for at least 6 months like the Stella and Chewy's. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

harleydiva

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've read so many complaints in other forums about that on line store that I've decided the aggravation would not be worth the savings to me.
Other than one order not shipping for 2-3 days, I have had no problems.  I suspect they are a small company.  I ran a retail website (parrot supplies) for several years.  It got pretty large....but it was just me.  The savings are great, and I can live with slower shipping.  I saw some complaints in forums too....but they were a while ago.....I'm inclined to give people a chance to fix things.

spiderplant

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to pass on a couple of codes, if anyone needs them and doesn't already have them. I haven't received any via email but I found these on a forum or blog. Flower20 for a 20% discount on orders over $150 and Flower25 for a 25% discount on $350. I'm not sure when they expire but they both work.