Safe Travel for Ginger

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm finally home from work and the first thing I had to do was to check on Ginger. Heidi and Earl, I'm so glad she made it safely and is such a love bug.

Congratulations.

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YAY, Ginger is home!
I'm so glad everything went well (aside from the delay).

Ginger, you are one lucky girl!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Evening update:

The room was getting quite stuffy and we realized that we HAD to do something. A 9:00 run to The Home Depot and we came home with a cheap screen door that could easily and temporarily be hung. Ginger is thrilled to be able to at least see out of the room. However, Trent and Ophelia are not so happy about this new cat in the house. All to be expected. Trent is sitting about 7 feet from the door and hissing whenever he sees Ginger. Ophelia came all the way up to the door, sniffing for Ginger. Ginger slowly walked toward the door where Ophelia was, rather submissive, and meowed her greetings. Ophelia responded by poofing her tail to about 5 times its normal size, and growling. Could be much worse, though. I don't see any aggression from any of them, and it's only been about 9 hours since she came home.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been waiting with bated breath to hear that Ginger was home and happy. Now I can go to bed and get some well-needed sleep. I also will be checking first thing tomorrow for pictures.

I hope you all have a wonderful night. Hugs to the whole lot of you.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I took a couple of pics of her at the airport and on the way home (talk about a neurotic new meowmy!). I'll try to get those posted soon, as well as taking more pics of the little sweetie.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
great i took a break from a raid in wow just to check to see if she made there or not

I am happy to hear that all is well

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just had to come on and check to see if she was home

Originally Posted by valanhb

I picked her up when Earl came in because she's already trying to rush the door, and she spent a good five minutes rubbing on my face and Earl's face while I held her and we both petted her.
AAAAWWW! Talk about melting your heart!
I've got tears in my eyes after reading that

She's home!!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

She has more love in her little body than she knows what to do with!
This just makes me so happy and grateful. I'm so glad Ginger has people to share that love with and that she'll be loved in return.

Can't wait to see pics of that sweet Ginger Cookie!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now the challenge of introducing Ginger to her new family begins.
Puffy tails, growling and a lot of curiosity will be in the air for the next few weeks Heidi.

I am sending lots of calming vibes to you, Earl & your 3 fur kids, Trent, Ophelia & Ginger.
Hugs of love and patience to all. (((((hugs)))))

This is going to be fun.

We need lots of pictures.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Couldn't wait to check in for the update this morning! Woooo!
I wanna see pics of everyone all poofed before they get used to each other!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so happy she made it to her new home, and is starting to settle in. I can't wait to see new pictures of her.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just knew she was safe and sound! So glad to know it for sure.

She sounds like the sweetest thing - it's just heart melting! It's a little to early to tell - but Ophelia seems to be accepting this new situation better than I would have expected. (And I know it seems wrong, because they puff their tales to look tough - but isn't it the cutest thing? I also find it so AMAZING how large they can make them!)

The screen door is a great thing, isn't it? I think it'll really help the intro process. I'm so excited for you and the gang!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, that was one long night! Ginger seems to have abandonment issues, or that's what I would call it anyway. She can't stand to be alone. She hollered and yelled wanting someone - anyone - to come to her. We (I) waited until she was quiet for a few minutes before coming to see her (Earl went the first time, and calmed her for about an hour. When I went and talked to her for a while, she calmed down for 3-4 hours.) She seems to feel more comfortable eating when I'm in the room or at least within sight, but she does prefer privacy to use the litterbox.

Ginger is dying for feline companionship, though. Trent and Ophelia just aren't ready yet. They seem to be doing better, but they needed a lot of reassurance last night. Ophelia snuggled with me all night, which is quite unusual for her. Trent will still stand a ways from the door and hiss at Ginger (which is funny in its own right, because for a big kitty he has this teeny tiny little hiss that wouldn't scare anything!), but when she walks away from the door he comes up to it looking for her. Ophelia seems to have decided that avoidance is the best way to deal with Ginger. She doesn't seem to acknowledge that there is a door with a Ginger behind it.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Only 3 so far because I didn't want the flashy thing to freak Ginger out any more than coming to a new home is already doing.

Here's when we first met her at the airport:

And here's how "stressed" she was during the ride home.
Told you she's a good traveller!

Will get more and post more later.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's that little beauty!
Looks like she handled the trip just fine.

Hope tonight is more restful for all of you!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
What a little cutie!!!

I hope the introductions continue to go well, and Ginger lets you get some sleep tonight.