SAFE PLANTS FOR CATS

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those who enjoy fresh plants in the home, here is a list of some that are safe for cats -- and several are also favorites in our diets! I had quite a few spider plants two locations ago and my clowder loved nibbling on them. Now, I have them outside where they can be enjoyed on the patio without being eaten down to the nub! :lovecat2: Enjoy:
8 Best Plants To Keep With Cats - The Purrington Post

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the list, cats just love to bite the leaves of plants.
I actually only keep a few succulents in the house, in the kitchen bay window where Baby Su and Elvis never go. When I had a lot of spider plants in the house 2 locations ago, every one of them got bitten to the nub :cutecat::cutecat::cutecat::cutecat::cutecat::cutecat::cutecat::cutecat::cutecat::cutecat::cutecat:

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really can't keep any houseplants around here. My cats eat them right down to the dirt within a day. They're particularly fond of ferns. I also buy them a little pot of catnip once in a while from the pet store. It lasts about 10 minutes.

Deacon Blues

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have a Christmas Palm tree in our home. It is now 12 feet tall (we have 20 foot ceilings), and is non-toxic to cats. One can keep a smaller version of this tree by simply cutting it back, when needed. Our cats love the tree and it is a focal point for their play, many days.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a Christmas Palm tree in our home. It is now 12 feet tall (we have 20 foot ceilings), and is non-toxic to cats. One can keep a smaller version of this tree by simply cutting it back, when needed. Our cats love the tree and it is a focal point for their play, many days.

[/URL]

[/URL]
I have what I think is those in my front yard. I never saw them called that, but we call them King Palms. Mine refuse to grow, for some reason. They must be the dwarf variety.