safe list

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maxy24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today i went and picked up two cans of Felidae and we'll see how they like it tomorrow. Thanks for all your suggestions!

shorty14788

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The scary thing is that menu doesn't produce natural balance... diamond pet foods does. (If anyone remembers they recently had a recall too) Solid gold is also made by diamond so I dont know if I trust them anymore either.... This food recall is getting really scary...

wmarcello

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shorty14788

The scary thing is that menu doesn't produce natural balance... diamond pet foods does. (If anyone remembers they recently had a recall too) Solid gold is also made by diamond so I dont know if I trust them anymore either.... This food recall is getting really scary...
Do any of the Solid Gold formulas have any kind of rice protein or rice flour in them? If so, I would definitely be cautious. Diamond said they got their rice protein from an American company, and I wouldn't be surprised if it made it into other brands.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wmarcello

Do any of the Solid Gold formulas have any kind of rice protein or rice flour in them? If so, I would definitely be cautious. Diamond said they got their rice protein from an American company, and I wouldn't be surprised if it made it into other brands.
Yes, I would be primarily concerned with avoiding the quesitonable ingredient, rather than the manufacturer. Of course, cross-contamination can be an issue, but my main concern is the INGREDIENT in question, regardless of where the food was manufactured.

My #1 rule ...avoid wheat gluten
My #2 rule ...avoid processed rice

maxy24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
but the food I just bought has rice and so does their regular dry food. I really like their food and I don't think there are any foods without rice. Is there a difference between rice and processed rice or is it all the same? I'm so sad

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Maxy24

but the food I just bought has rice and so does their regular dry food. I really like their food and I don't think there are any foods without rice. Is there a difference between rice and processed rice or is it all the same? I'm so sad
To me, it's a lot different. When it comes to "processed" rice, I would tend to think that the pet food manufacturers receive huge shipments of an already processed product...that's made who knows how many stops from where it REALLY came from, ALREADY processed...and very vulnerable to containing mystery contaminants. Whole rice is whole rice...it seems safe to me, but that's just my interpretation of the facts.

maxy24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How could I find out if Felidae is using the same rice as NB?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Maxy24

How could I find out if Felidae is using the same rice as NB?
RIght now I would say call the company but the likehoos is they wont know