Safe life of opened can of catfood?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Novus888

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I might keep it refrigerated with one of those tight fitting can lids on it for a couple days. Never seems to be a problem. I warm in microwave, never had an issue. She prefers a fresh opened can, but that ain't happening every meal and I'm not spending extra money on little cans. She already gets expensive food, so sometimes leftovers are what's for dinner. Anybody who can eat a stink bug can eat food that was opened this morning and then refrigerated
I would love to find a lid for the 2 5/8" diameter Fussy Cat can. No luck so far....I must resort to shrink wrap

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I would love to find a lid for the 2 5/8" diameter Fussy Cat can. No luck so far....I must resort to shrink wrap
You can get the silicone lid covers for cans. Make sure they are microwave safe. They come in different sizes. Google it and there are many choices.

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As mentioned, there are silicone lids that fit a variety of can tops, all in one lid, that will work on the small and odd sized cans. I've gotten mine at PetSmart. They can stretch a bit to give a good seal to any can I've ever used, including Fussie Cat, which my cat likes too. You can also get, and these may be harder to find, plastic can holders that are little bit bigger than a six oz can and they have a tight fitting lid. You just put the can in the plastic container and pop on the lid. They are clearish, so you can see what's in them. They are kind of like Tupperware for cat food cans. These, too, have a good seal. Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Novus888

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As mentioned, there are silicone lids that fit a variety of can tops, all in one lid, that will work on the small and odd sized cans. I've gotten mine at PetSmart. They can stretch a bit to give a good seal to any can I've ever used, including Fussie Cat, which my cat likes too. You can also get, and these may be harder to find, plastic can holders that are little bit bigger than a six oz can and they have a tight fitting lid. You just put the can in the plastic container and pop on the lid. They are clearish, so you can see what's in them. They are kind of like Tupperware for cat food cans. These, too, have a good seal. Good luck!
Are the lids called 'Whisker City® I Dream of Leftovers! Cat Food Can Covers - 3 pack'?