jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Susan, did you get time to phone the Arden Grange people?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

This is the reply I had this afternoon from Purina Europe:
Jenny i got the same e-mail as you

Originally Posted by Anakat

Hi Susan, did you get time to phone the Arden Grange people?
Yes i rang them just after 9.a.m and i really like the sound of them Anne
I explained our concerns over this food situation, and she fully understood. She spoke to the nutritionist who was just heading into a meeting as it happend to do a press conference on it to reassure people, but said to bear with her and once the report was done she was going to ring me towards the end of the week to go over any concerns i had.

She also said that dolphin meat has been said to be a concern along with vitamin D, both of which are NOT used in their foods along with the wheat gluten.

She's sending me some samples off in the meantime Anne so pm me your address and i'll send you half to try, Ann i'll send you some as well

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brilliant, I felt they were a small enough firm to care about what they made.

sophie's mum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks to everyone for your kind words with regard to my beloved Sophie. Whilst my cynicism is still high I appreciate all of your attempts to clarify the regulations of European pet food manufacturers and from now on I
will check labels on food very carefully for the sake of my other cats.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heres the reply from Affinity - I dont quite like the tone to be honest

thank you very much for your email.

There is no doubt you can go on trusting in the quality of all of our products.
We can assure you that
- our company is based in Spain and all our products ara manufactured in western Europe
The wheat gluten we use as ingredient is originating from and produced in countries of the European community.
- Our company is not ordering goods from the USA or from Canada, nor ingredients nor finished products.
- Not one single recalled product belongs to an Affinity brand

Best regards,

Roger Loffler
AFFINITY PETCARE
consumer care center

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew we were right to beware of complacency! Tricia, I emailed you I couldn't open the link,but I succeeded from the post! You are basically right in what you say - Belgium has imported 40 cases of Choice Complete in different flavours etc, but so far no one knows where they have been sent on sale and the company has not provided any extra information. However, Europe as a whole has imported 3440 cases, and there is no information on where all this is. Cat owners are asked to check their purchases of American-produced catfood to see if Menu foods are involved and for the relevant dates of expiry (between 03/12/2008 and 07/03/3009. This only applies to the 85 gm cans.

So they are throwing the onus onto us, the owners!