Sadie's Coughing

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

You have to understand why people are upset - your family won't pay to have more extensive testing done on your cat when she is obviously quite sick, but you WILL pay to have her declawed, which is a cruel, unneccesary surgery and something that will most likely cause major health problems in a cat her age.
I can't imagine a vet would even perform surgery on a sick cat, but if they do, I doubt she will survive the surgery. I can't believe you're even worrying about that when your cat is SICK AND NEEDS MEDICAL CARE!

I'm completely disgusted with this thread and and will take no further part in trying to give advice to someone obviously uncaring about their cat's welfare.

I wish you and your cat the best, but the way things seem to be going instead I will just say "rest in peace sweet kitty, may your passing be painless and quick" because that is where this is going.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have read all threads pertaining to Sadie. There is much inconsistency. Sadie is 7, Sadie is 9. Sadie might have FIV, but has been tested for FeLV (the test is dual, for both diseases) Sadie has not been to the vet yet, because of money. Sadie is sick until we start urging that she be taken to the vet, then she is miraculously better.

While she is a gorgeous tortie she is very thin and poorly looking. The father hates the cat. This home may be marginally better than what she was living before (a home with drug addicts?) but not by much, and at least they didn't declaw her.

Who knows what is really happening. All we can do now is pray for this cat. It's giving me nightmares to think about her awful life.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We all came to this site looking for information about how to better care for cats.
None of us came here as experts.
Knowledge about optimal cat health care, nutrition etc. is constantly evolving.

There are a few things that we know for sure...
-cats attempt to hide illness, so that they will not look vulnerable to a potential predator.
-the only way to get an accurate diagnoses about a cat who is ill, is though a good vet.
-declawing is an amputation that can cause permanent, negative, personality changes in a cat.

Please keep an open mind...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

We all came to this site looking for information about how to better care for cats.
None of us came here as experts.
Knowledge about optimal cat health care, nutrition etc. is constantly evolving.

There are a few things that we know for sure...
-cats attempt to hide illness, so that they will not look vulnerable to a potential predator.
-the only way to get an accurate diagnoses about a cat who is ill, is though a good vet.
-declawing is an amputation that can cause permanent, negative, personality changes in a cat.

Please keep an open mind...
Are you telling this to us, or to them?
Because I feel as though we are punching the tip of a knife here. We keep teaching, saying, showing, telling, rationalizing... we tried it all IMO... and for what? Sadie is still there... With no medical care, and worst - waiting to be declawed.
Unfortunately I think that this poor little girl will be suffering a long and painful death without medical treatment... It is her destiny, I am starting to believe, and we have our hands tied. The only people who can do something here don't want to, so...
I am so so sad every time I open this thread... I am hopeful to open it, just to be hit with something worst than I could ever thought - over and over.
This poor little girl... But that is the story of cats, right? Second citizen animals?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The thread seems to be at a bit of a dead end now, so I will close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.