Saddest sight I've seen in a while

janey83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My mate saw something similar to that while on the motorway... one bird got hit then its mate got hit while looking at its mate that had been killed.... so sad. My friend said it was the most horrific thing she had seen.

izzyneko

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not trying to outdo on the sadness factor but... last spring while I was driving on a weekend I saw a big family of geese crossing the road. Three adults and about 6 or 7 babies. My boyfriend and I "ooh"d and "aah"d and thought they were the cutest things ever.

But it was a busy street. And is how I get to work as well. And sure enough... about a week and a half later... ALL of them.. were strewn across the road. Some <insert worst name ever here> had hit and killed all of the adults and babies. I was really bummed out for the rest of the week. Just made me think how... destructive we can be. Without a second thought.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by IzzyNeko

Not trying to outdo on the sadness factor but... last spring while I was driving on a weekend I saw a big family of geese crossing the road. Three adults and about 6 or 7 babies. My boyfriend and I "ooh"d and "aah"d and thought they were the cutest things ever.

But it was a busy street. And is how I get to work as well. And sure enough... about a week and a half later... ALL of them.. were strewn across the road. Some <insert worst name ever here> had hit and killed all of the adults and babies. I was really bummed out for the rest of the week. Just made me think how... destructive we can be. Without a second thought.
That is hideous, I can't imagine being able to handle seeing that.

sassy42

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

The lake at our cottage, there was a pair of loons. They had been there for years and years and would call out every morning at dawn. One of them died, and for that whole summer the mate would just swim around calling for him/her all day. It was just heartbreaking.