Sad

Derric

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, brand new to the site. My cat had two kittens and one came out with a deformity in her rib cage where she was kinda flat as if mom had inadvertently layed on her. Long story short they are a little less than a month old and we took the kitten in when she started showing labored breathing. She died at the vet. My question is, should I bring it back to mom for closure or just bury her? Mom is looking for her and I dont know what's best for her

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Condolences on losing the tiny. I try to always let a mother cat have her dead baby; I have known mama cats to search for days, calling & wandering even. Sometimes they spend hours trying to revive their kitten but eventually accept that the little spirit has flown. It can help to give her another baby, if any of your local rescues have orphans.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, brand new to the site. My cat had two kittens and one came out with a deformity in her rib cage where she was kinda flat as if mom had inadvertently layed on her. Long story short they are a little less than a month old and we took the kitten in when she started showing labored breathing. She died at the vet. My question is, should I bring it back to mom for closure or just bury her? Mom is looking for her and I dont know what's best for her
Very sad situation.
What did you end up doing, just out of curiosity?
If the Mama cat didn't seem to want much to do with her, she may have known something was going to happen soon, but if she was still nursing/cuddling it might be a different story.
I'm sorry for your loss! It's never easy especially when they're just beginning their lives. :angelcat: RIP little one.