Sad Newbie

fosterbabies

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, this is my first time here I apologize before hand because its a sucky first post but I need to get this off my chest. I hope that as animal lovers, some of you will be able to relate and understand how I feel...

I foster bottle babies in NYC, two days ago a girl called me saying she had found a newborn kitten I told her to drop the kitten off at my place and I would care for it. When she arrived I quickly checked the kitten found it was a female no more than two days old. Umbilical cord still attached and all she was healthy and in good shape. I got to work right away feeding her every two hours and wiping her little bottom. I was confident, I had done this before and never lost a kitten. Everything was going great up until a couple hours ago. when everything went down hill and she suddenly passed :-( This may sound silly and maybe even immature but I haven't stopped crying since and I feel so broken hearted...

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss, FosterBabies.

She briefly knew your care and love and that is so important.

Dance on the Rainbow bridge, little girl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fosterbabies

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, Im trying my best to stay positive and not let it discourage me from helping other kittens in need.  

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would break my heart too!  Fly free little one!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can promise you all of us would be crying. It's so not silly.
She knew kindness for the few hours she was warm and being fed. She went happily to rainbow bridge.
I'm sorry for your loss.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You will be surely blessed for trying to save that little angel, sometimes even the best care is still not enough....... I want to assure you that everyone of us would be broken hearted if we lost a little one, it's a natural feeling of loss and grief. Please don't let this horrible experience stop you from helping others, you are still needed very badly to try to save others, who without your help would have no chance at all. I feel for you, it hurts to lose such a sweet little innocent, but you did show her that the world CAN be a nice place even if only for a little while. I'll keep you in my prayers, take care.......RIP little one,you were loved and you will NOT be forgotten!