Sad new in the entertainment world

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I loved John Ritter, too. He was such a nice guy, and though he wasn't quite as cute as he was in his younger days, he still had a cuteness about him. I was thinking, how he woke up yesturday morning and went to work, just like everyone else, not having the foggiest idea, it was going to be his last day on earth.

cabbie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes today's events were indeed shocking, especially John Ritter... I joined this board just before I had to deal with my own father this past summer and I can say without question I have some authority in this manner.

My dad was lucky, our GP discovered a pulsating mass in dad's belly, turned out it was an aortic aneurism the size of an orange, had it gone undetected for much longer, Dad would have died the same way.

This happens to men in their 50's to 60's or younger if there is a family history of it.

As a result of what happened to my dad, I had an ultrasound done on my aorta as well back in July, and I have to have it done every 5 years for the rest of my life.

dougbug

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
this is a sad day, both these men were good at what they did, they talked to people that worked with them and they had all good to say, the ones that worked with Ritter said he was compared to Dick Van Dike thats a complimant you ask me, i thought he was a funny man and full of life, he had a 5 yr. old son that will not have his daddy to help him grow up, thats sad all in its own.