Sad day!

dina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

My name is Dina and I am new to this forum. Today (January 7th at 4:57 pm) my baby boy Billy was put to sleep. Billy has been with my family for a little bit over 8 years and he has brought nothing but joy and love to my family. His personality as well as his sense of affection was incredible!
A little over 3 mos ago Billy got diagnosed with lymphoma and we tried several treatments but nothing worked. About 4 days ago Billy got really bad, he wouldnt eat anything, couldnt sleep, and kept drinking water and peeing around the house. The vet had suggested that we put him to sleep but i delayed it thinking that he would get better. Today I finally made the decision to let him go and let him rest. It was the hardest thing I have ever done for a pet. I know it was a good decision since Billy was suffering. He will be truly missed and he will be in my heart forever.

I will post a picture of Billy once I get a chance!

Thanks all
Dina

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dina, I'm soooo sorry for your loss. Rest in peace Billy, and enjoy chasing the butterflies over the Rainbow Bridge. .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much! DO you have any advice for mouring. This is the first time in my life that I have had to do this with my kitty. It hurts sooo much!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh hun, I know.
You just have to remember the good times and enjoy the precious memories you have of him. I know it's hard to think about doing....especially right now. There are several sticky's at the top of this forum that are very helpful. We all deal with loss different ways, but it will get easier as time goes by. Maybe you can read thru the following link and find comforting words.....

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8197

pkyswt2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am soooooooo very sorry for your loss.

I wish I had advice with grieving. I just put my baby girl to sleep almost 3 weeks ago. I still have many many bad moments. I just know that time will make it better.

Our beloved pets are gone but they will live in our hearts and our memories always.

Just try to comfort yourself with knowing you did what was best for your baby.

~Kim

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Dina, I'm so very sorry for you and your baby. I know how very, very hard a decision it is. Sometimes, though, loving means letting go and doing the things that are the hardest to do.

Billy is happy and healthy now at the Rainbow Bridge, and playing with my Harvey.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im so sorry for your loss!! Everyone deals with this a little differently. I took it personally, like maybe I had done something wrong, even though I hadn't and he would have never lived that long if not for the good care and love he was given!
I think this may be the same with you. You did so much for him!! You gave him a good life, and even after he was diagnosed you helped him stay on this planet until he was ready to go!! When they are suffering, I think its the only decent thing you can do if their condition is not treatable!! You must have done a marvelous job for him to live that long!!

Did you know in the USA 50% of cats dont live to see their second birthday??
Thats a horrible fact, and judging by your 8 year old Billy, You ARE A WONDERFUL MEOWMY!!! You did what was kind, and what was right!!

~Amber~

happy cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dina, I am sorry for your great loss.

One thing that helped us when we had to make the choice to euthanize was to remember that our girl knew she was loved every minute of her life. Even as she fell into her permanent sleep, we were stroking her and whispering in her ear that we love her.

So she went to sleep as she lived, being well loved. I'm sure your baby felt the same way.

ronit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dear Dina, I am verry sorry for your loss, I know exactly how you feel, I understand your pain, I am living it too now... It is difficult, the first 2 days were horrible, yesterday I was better, still hurts a lot and I think a lot.. time is the best healer and is difficult to see that now. I am sure you loved him and made the right desicion for him, you kept him away from more suffering, you were strong and made the right desicion, I couldnt, i was so selfish that i let him suffer 3 hrs trying to bring him back. Be strong !
RIP BIlly.

Ronit

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've very sorry for your loss. It's so hard losing a beloved pet who has been part of the family. But Billy knew he had a wonderful care giver and he loved you as much as you loved him.

RIP Billy.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. You did the right thing to put him out of his pain, even though it hurts so badly. I now this sounds kind of trite, but it really does get easier with time. Billy can never be replaced in your heart, but someday there may be another kitty in desperate need, and you may want to honor billy in giving this needy kitty a loving home. I wish I had something to say that would make you feel better now, but I can only offer hugs and and prayers.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry you had to lose your beloved Billy
May he rest in peace, and be free of pain now at the bridge

aileen06

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. Remember he isn't hurting any more. Rest in Peace Billy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much everyone! I have to be strong for Billy. The memory of the good days will last me a life time. I am sure he understands that I did what I did because I love him so much!!!

Again, thank you all for the supporting words....they mean very much to me.

Here is a picture of Billy (my beautiful baby boy)