Sable

DorianH

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's been almost a week now since we said goodbye to our tiny little Sable. She was born to a semi-feral outdoor cat, and had a rough life. We aren't sure what happened, but she only had half of a back leg, and an obvious injury when we found her. Unfortunately, we didn't find her in time. She had an infection that had spread through her whole body. She was only in our house for a few hours, but with the constant feedings and trying to get her warm we quickly grew attached. She's definitely missed, but I'm glad she isn't in pain anymore.
Here she was in her heated box, right after she'd had her first bottle feeding.

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank goodness she knew love and warmth at the end. We always wish things would have turned out different, but sometimes it is just not meant to be.....her tiny spirit is part of your soul now, she will always thank you for the comfort and the concern you showed her at the end of her life. It breaks the heart to lose one so young and just beginning life, what you gave her will bring a blessing for your soul.
My heart goes out to you, you have a good heart and something like this just breaks it in two. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, take care and surround yourself with people who understand your grief. There are many things in this world we will never understand and this is one of them......RIP precious Sable. You found comfort and caring when you needed it the most thanks to your angel here on earth. Now you take your own place as a shining light in the nighttime sky, may it continue to shine down your love and thankfulness on those who will always have a secure place for you in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so sad, I can't hold the tears back as I type this, so unfair to have this happen. But bless you for trying to save her, she knew love and compassion and will take that into the next life and she is just fine now, no more suffering or problems, happy and healthy and just fine, and you will see her again many years down the road and she will say "remember me? Thank you for helping me!"

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

Thank you for helping her, I am sorry for your loss, God Bless.......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How wonderful for you to give her love, warmth, care and a piece of your heart. I’m sure she will keep it safe and return it to you when meet again. God made her and to Him she returns to perfect health, Love, and lots of amazing foods I’m sure, she will toddle up to you in greeting one fine day ahead.
You are a hero:angel:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Little Sable, dream you deep and sweet. Your tiny life has touched more hearts than you could ever have known existed. You walk in ALL our hearts forever.