Rusty our male cat meowing all the time

bonnie miller

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Rusty is our 10 year old male persian cat... well he meows alot during the night....and of the mornjng....we think he does it to get us out of bed...but during the day he meows quite often...he is quite the talker....just wondering why he meows so much....

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some kitties are more vocal than others.  My Mooch is a talker.  A friend of mine had a cat you could have whole conversations with too.  

Has he always been a talker?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am assuming he is neutered, right? Is he a color point by any chance? Does he have a dark face/tail/legs and a light body?
Also, given his age, this can be a sign of thyroid issues.... Has he been to the vet lately for a senior panel?

Last edited:

jiskefet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has he recently started talking so much or has he always been like that?

If it is a new thing, he might be going deaf or have an early stage of dementia.

But many cats are just talkative by nature, especially if they have learned that humans respond to it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonnie miller

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When we first got him.....he had not starting meowning, but he learned finally....yes he is neutered we bought him from a breeder as pet so we had to get him neutered....he is full breed persian...and we think he meows like this to get us out of bed....he is just a talker....see he is quiet now....he is in good health...he is just a talker...