Rusty has been diagnosed with Hepatic Lipidosis (Fatty Liver Disease) Advice needed please x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misspremier007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Rusty is back to the vets on wednesday and I am going to discuss Rusty going back on to the urinary food, she did use toi have the biscuits, and that why she ended ip putting the weight on. It seems they do a wet food for urinary, and to be honest she hates biscuits. The vet did say she would sort out a diet plan for her. Many thanks for the advice Carolina x

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rusty is back to the vets on wednesday and I am going to discuss Rusty going back on to the urinary food, she did use toi have the biscuits, and that why she ended ip putting the weight on. It seems they do a wet food for urinary, and to be honest she hates biscuits. The vet did say she would sort out a diet plan for her. Many thanks for the advice Carolina x
Whatever you do, transition Rusty slowly, as you do not want him (or her? now I am confused!! :lol3:) to stop eating!! Not for a day!!! Mix a liiiiiitle bit of the new food on the sheeba on the first day, then a little more on the second, then more on the third..... Until you have all of the new food and none of the Sheba. Do it in the course of many days - just like you transition dry food - very very slowly............ This way you trick him into liking the new food without even noticing it - do not do it at once. As you put a little of the new in, you take a little of the Sheba out :wavey: Wet food is better anyways, so that's great!! Try to get different flavors, so you have options for him. Kitties love Hills C/D, they have in Chicken and fish flavor too - that one is safe for urinary Tract problems, of course! :wavey::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

misspremier007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just an update to inform everyone who kindly gave me advice and support that Rusty has been given the all. The vet is iver the moon with her progress, and the jaundice has disappeared. She will go back onto a control diet for her urinary problem. Thank you all again for the help and support I really dont know what I would have done without you.

Sending everyone all my love

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hurray! :banana1: :banana1: Thanks for the happy update!

:vibes::vibes::vibes: :heart3: Rusty!

misspremier007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello Carolina, Rusty is doing fantastic, thank you for asking. Shes is now at a healthy weight, and eating well. I am so grateful to you all for your advice and vibes through such a hard time xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Carolina, Rusty is doing fantastic, thank you for asking. Shes is now at a healthy weight, and eating well. I am so grateful to you all for your advice and vibes through such a hard time xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yeyey!! That's excellent! :clap::clap::clap::clap:
:woohoo:
Give her lots of kisses, and you both have a wonderful and healthy new year! :hugs: