Runny poop after hepatic lipidosis recovery

taxcatkim

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! My Olivia had a bout of hepatic lipidosis a few months ago. I got her back to Health luckily. They did an ultrasound and a fine needle aspirate and confirmed it was hepatic lipidosis. Her liver enzymes and bilirubin were also very elevated. I took her back for a check up after she started eating on her own again and was on Denamarin. Her liver enzymes were finally back to normal but her calcium was elevated.

I have multiple cats using litter boxes in the same room and I noticed someone had runny poop but I wasn’t sure which one until I put a camera in there and I found out that it was Olivia. My vet gave me Flagyl and also Fortiflora SA which is a prebiotic and probiotic combo. Anyone with kitties with liver issues had a runny poop after? Her blood work is all normal now except her calcium. It has come down, but it is still elevated. Everything else is normal in her blood work. Thanks for listening! Kim.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taxcatkim

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m sure my vet will be open to anything I ask. I have been with her since the late 90s. Right now I’m just doing what she tells me but I will definitely ask. Thank you thank you thank you!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Let us know how she does and what your vet says, I'm sending love and prayers! :vibes::crossfingers::heartshape: