Runny Poo In Kitten

Olivers_Mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am fostering 4 6wk old kittens and one of them has had runny poo for the past 2 1/2 (ish) days. I am pretty sure that it is due to the fact he is eating different (and more nutritious) food. I did not get any of his old food to help the transition into the new food (and I'm kicking myself in the butt for that now) because I was just so concerned with getting them out of the situation they were in previously.

What I was wondering is if there is anything I can give him to help his little tummy out? (I am making sure that there is a full water bowl so that he does not get dehydrated.)

I did also want to note, the other kittens have had runny poo as well, but it's all passed (or they at least have not made a mess of the bathroom floor and gotten it all over themselves as the male has!)

Oscar&Copper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have they been de-wormed? If it is indeed just from a food change just make sure he stays hydrated and his body should adjust soon.

coveredincolliespit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When I got our kitten with runny poo, I used probiotics sprinkled over his food. Helped immediately.

Take kitty to the vet first to make sure he doesn't have cooties causing it.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
You could add a little bit of pumpkin to his food! Otherwise it is probably a mixture of new food, stress, and worming if you have done that :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Olivers_Mom Olivers_Mom

A teaspoon of plain, canned pumpkin mixed into the food usually helps to firm the stool.

You said the others have had it too. It could be dietary change, or it could be from worms or parasites.

Is the poop brown or yellow? Is it highly odorous?