Runny eye and bad vet behavior

yuna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just recently moved across the country and I've found a vet nearby that was highly recommended to me but haven't been there yet.

for the past few weeks Leeloo's eye has been running, its like a sticky grey color goo that sits in the corner of her eye that sometimes will turn crusty and black when it runs or builds up too much. but it doesn't seem to bother her at all. it bothers me that its there because she never used to have it.

I've been cleaning out the eye for her but it seems like I am constantly doing it, not a few times a day but every time I see her.

I want to take her to the new vet I found but I'm nervous because she has always been a TERROR at the vet. no exaggeration (she's a tortie) my old vet in my old town knew her from when she was a newborn and was very nice and understanding about her. but I think even he wouldn't have been able to manage looking in her eye, I don't know how a new vet is going to hold her down long enough to give her a real exam.

does anyone have any advice as to what might be wrong with her eye to begin with? and any advice on how I'm supposed to bring her into a new vet?

thanks so much

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds as if it should be seen by the vet, and vets are experienced in should be able to deal with your cat. Better to get her there and let her meet him, and get it overwith, for something that might not be to terrible serious.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Call the vet and explain your situation to the clinic. I'm sure they have other unruly animals they take care of and can advise you.