Running out of options with Buddy

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think a lot of people overstress about their cats' eating habits. Unless the cat is literally starving himself (which is usually caused by some kind of health problem), I trust him to know how much he needs to eat. I mean, to get to the point of giving up the cat (which usually means having him put to sleep, as new homes for adult cats are not easy to find!) just because he's picky! Once the vet rules out a health problem, just put his food down and the rest is up to him. Unless he starts getting dangerously underweight, don't worry.

I agree that trying a pre-made raw food might pique his appetite. My cats love Nature's Variety raw, and it's not terribly expensive. Run the store locator on their website to find a dealer near you.

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have a similar problem with Dolly, our recent rescue...loves dry but gives her the runs!  You might try what we have her on for a firm stool and she eats it:  boiled chicken 8oz , rice 2 0z, canned pumpkin 2 tbs, and canned cat food 1/3 lg can 13 oz can ...we use Innova kitten enough low fat/low salt chicken broth to moisten.  A pain to make as it has to be ground and mixed but it worked.

We currently are waiting on an expensive fecal analysis from a lab.

She is like your cat..is crazy for any dry food.

Hope this works for you.  We make it enough for 2-3 days and store in fridge.

GTO