run in with the neighbor...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
one day my bf and i are going to buy private property with no neighbors for miles...LOL.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the meantime, have your cell phone on you at all times in case you need to dial 911. And I would not let the dogs out unsupervised. I would be out there with them no matter what - for potty or walking.

And keep an eye out for him to come out of the house. He may be really PO'd after the police visit. Hopefully they might catch him with the drugs at the time and then just arrest him.

What did the cops say regarding the drugs?

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you know what irked me? they said they couldn't do anything if he does shoot the dogs, they can just tell him his threats were inappropriate. well, at least if i have to go to court one day (god forbid) i will have some documentation. they didn't say anything about the drugs, i don't know his last name so i don't know if they can look that up..but i did tell them another neighbor has a restraining order against him for some altercations as well and that he is on probation. the cops just called me and asked me to step out in the driveway so i could point out the house (even though i gave them the address??)...maybe after they talk to him they will ask his last name and look him up for his record???

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well the police is a good start, but as you found out. they wont do anything.
You can do the same as the other neighbor and get a restraining order .

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i know this thread is old but here are pics from this weekend of the "vicious dog" my neighbor threatened to kill...

poor thing was abused when we got her

now she is one of our family and we love her so much...

not so vicious...

moral of the story..don't do drugs or you might think a lovely animal is vicous and cruel.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Police is the way, but then I would be thinking of moving! He may really
get pissed after the police get involved! I had a friend who lived by a man
who would get smashed everyday, then wonder through the neighbhorhood.
My friend lived beside an older woman, whom had a dog, in the fenced in yard.
One day dude was tanked up and shot the woman's dog, killed it, then took it and put it in the woods just a little bit from her house! I forgot exactly why, just because he was a drunk is good enough for me! Yuk!
Anyway the woman came home and started calling for her dog, no dog!
She went to my friends house and asked her if she had seen her dog.
They both started looking and found the dog shot to death!
I thought the bullet needed to go between someone's eyes! I can't stand
a Drunk! And I have been around all kinds of people, drinkers, dopers, and I
can honestly say I have never been around anyone on drugs that acted in this way, I'm sure there are plenty, But it sounds just like alcohol talking and walking to me! There is no telling what people will do nowdays! I would be scared too!
I would even check out when he is drunk, and if he starts to get in his
car and drive somewhere, then I would call them and report someone driving drunk! Get himself a big fat DWI, and maybe he'll pipe down a bit!
What a jerk!
Oh and your baby is just precious!!!

cat52

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a lovely little dog! Or it might be a medium-size dog and a really big bf! I lived with an alcoholic when I was young and ignorant, and learned some lessons then the hard way. Ever since, "drunk" is a hot button with me. My neighbor is a drunk in denial. I said to him, "If you're not sober, I'm not home." Your neighbor sounds 'way far gone. Lots of good ideas have been mentioned - I like carwashcats' idea about reporting him if you see him drunk and getting into his car. Have his license plate number written down so it is handy. This might sound like we're being hard, but you're doing the guy a favor by showing him the consequences of his actions; and you might be saving someone's life if you keep him off the road.

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you.
he actually does not drive as his license is revoked due to too many DUIs and he is on probation for something else i'm not sure. when i called the cops, they said that if he did shoot my dog, it would "not be a legal issue" and out of their hands which appalled me. yet, they did say they would stop by his house and talk to him about how inappropriate his threat was and if he has an issue he should call animal control. i also told the cop that he has offered me cocaine before (to which i said NO) and that i'm not sure if he should even have a gun as i believe he was convicted of a felony recently. i hate to admit it, but i used to have a dangerous addiction with drugs and i know how it could spin stories in your head due to paranoia. we don't even let our dogs out besides the front yard. i'm on disability and home with them about 95% of the time and when i'm not home they are locked up. yet he has it in his head our dogs have been running loose and "killing all the animals in the neighborhood". i haven't heard of any animals being killed but there are also about five other dogs i could name offhand on my street that run loose all day, even getting in the way of cars driving down the street, INCLUDING HIS. he has complained to several neighbors about how i "overreacted and called the cops on him". i don't care. at least it's on record now...and maybe with the info i gave them, they will be monitoring him. his threat to me is as serious as a threat to a member of my family. i live in a small town and i'm not sure if our laws are different or the small police force is misinformed because twenty minutes away there was a lady who shot a dog in the next town over and they convicted her of a felony. i'm not sure if the cops in my town were of help or not..in the meantime, i'm keeping my eye on him.

angelboots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
or near a resident home. fineable and jailable. Aslo criminal threatening is JAILABLE! you have a witness your boyfriend. aslo again. if he has a recorded. I can just about promise he does. just him alone owning a gun is bad.

AngelBoots.