Ruby won't cuddle anymore?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
eck1kaylie eck1kaylie
I'm sorry for your loss of Jasper.
This thread is a few months old now and I was just wondering, how are things between you and Ruby? Did you get a kitten or a cat?
Wow, I've been gone a long time :eek:
Ruby's back to her ultra-snuggly self now! I'm so glad she's acting like she loves me again, it was heartbreaking for her to be so distant when we lost Jasper.
We did end up getting a kitten in January. Her first birthday is in just a couple weeks! :heart:
She's pretty much the past opposite of Jasper, all energy and mischief, and I love it. I think she's exactly what me and Ruby needed. :)

detroitcatlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww they look like great buddies! Adorable picture. Glad to see that she has returned to cuddling and getting along with the new kitty. I really do believe that cats have their ways of grieving just as we do.

jellycatfish

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, I've been gone a long time :eek:
Ruby's back to her ultra-snuggly self now! I'm so glad she's acting like she loves me again, it was heartbreaking for her to be so distant when we lost Jasper.
We did end up getting a kitten in January. Her first birthday is in just a couple weeks! :heart:
She's pretty much the past opposite of Jasper, all energy and mischief, and I love it. I think she's exactly what me and Ruby needed. :)
That's great! I'm glad Ruby went back to her cuddly self! :D and that you are feeling better, too.
If you don't mind me asking, I'm just curious, what is the name of the new kitty? It looks like they are good friends! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's great! I'm glad Ruby went back to her cuddly self! :D and that you are feeling better, too.
If you don't mind me asking, I'm just curious, what is the name of the new kitty? It looks like they are good friends! :)
We named her Onyx (although I usually call her Pixie). :) They are good friends!

Aww they look like great buddies! Adorable picture. Glad to see that she has returned to cuddling and getting along with the new kitty. I really do believe that cats have their ways of grieving just as we do.
I agree, they absolutely grieve like we do. Of the 13 cats I've had, I've only lost four, but each one of those four was bonded with another. Their other half always grieved noticeably when they passed. So far, Ruby's the only cat I've had who fully accepted the next cat who came along.