Rubbing bum on the ground

kittiekitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Helmytt is a little over two years old. He is a very quiet shy cat, only does 1 thing to get himself in trouble. After he goes to the restroom (#2) he has to rub his bum across the floor. He has done this since forever. I usually don't catch him until he is almost done if at all. If I catch him in the litter box I will catch him when he is done and make sure his bottom is clean. He will usually rub it anyways, clean or not. He has been tested and treated (as a precaution though he didn't have them) for worms when this first started. All shots are updated in all my cats and they are all fixed. What should I do? He definately does not have worms. He does clean himself after he rubs his bum.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blocked anal glands can cause that problem. A vet visit would be necessary but it is easy to fix.

secret

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten did that once too - he took a #2 and started dragging his butt on the carpet and i FLIPPED OUT... then I saw he had a piece stuck on his butt. I hope that never happens again because he didn't look like he was enjoying himself one bit

auchick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of mine does it too and it seems to be when they still have a bit left on their bum.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittiekitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the replies! He does it even after I clean his bum for him (so I know there isn't anything left over on him). He is a weird cat though, prolly just one of his quirks. I will talk to my vet to see if they can check his glands.