Royal Canin (?)

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the links.. seems again it was vet diets and these which i have never heard of nor even seen?

"ROYAL CANIN SENSIBLE CHOICEÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] and Kasco products"

I only use the regular royal canin diets here, i agree the glutens present a risk, however i am not sure how to handle it, my cats like the RC i have here (kitten 36 & special 33) i do have other products for their eating choices but those are eaten and the cats do well on it, i am hesitant to yank it..

My biggest issue is the cost of canin... which i think is uber scary! but i need a comparable product ingredient wise, grain free simply will not work here, i even tried again with acana and my cats refused even my food friendly baby also from what i have understood a bit of corn is ok for the males.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about Avoderm or Blue Buffalo? I switched to those (hairball kibble) from RC because the ingredients seemed very similar and they are much cheaper.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to agree it is wayyy overpriced for the quality it offers. :shrug: I don't mine spending a lot for EVO or Wellness CORE, but for that, nah.

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not tried those, i will go look them up.

Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

What about Avoderm or Blue Buffalo? I switched to those (hairball kibble) from RC because the ingredients seemed very similar and they are much cheaper.

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

similar issue here - Pixel [my senior] shows a decided preference for RC Special 33, & her herpes has been much more quiescent since i've been feeding it... i wish it wasn't so expensive, & i may have to stop using it if i don't get a job for next year - but until i must, i'll stay w/it. she's a dry only eater, so she's the one i consider - the others will eat any kibble i get; Cable & Firefox actually prefer the Authority i buy for the ferals!
The RC Special 33 helps for herpes? I have two cats with herpes and it makes their eyes funny unless the get lysine every night, but if they were to get a small meal of that would that help too?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by furryfriends50

The RC Special 33 helps for herpes? I have two cats with herpes and it makes their eyes funny unless the get lysine every night, but if they were to get a small meal of that would that help too?
seems to. it has lysine in it - Pixel hasn't had a flare since i've been feeding it, either. she also much prefers it to other kibbles - i ran out recently & gave them some Authority [that's what the ferals eat] & she was not pleased. when i got the RC & was putting it into the storage container, she was trying to eat it out of there, she wanted it so badly!