Royal Canin Wet Food.

raypinciotti

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there, as I have previously posted, my 14 year old cat is a super picky eater now. I've been experimenting with different foods, even some homemade recipes you have kindly supplied here. I reluctantly tried canned food my vet recommended: royal Canin, she said older cats lose their sense of smell and royal Canin smells a lot so she recommended the cans and the dry food 7+ from this brand .... Long story short the cat went crazy for it. I mean she has eaten 2 cans 5.8 Oz each in less than 24 hours. I'm super hopeful I found something she'll eat but how good is this food really? .... It's super expensive and I'm willing to buy it for her even if it bankrupts me,but I want to make sure I'm doing what's best for her. Thanks !

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! I literally was thinking about you and your furbaby these past couple days, and wondering how things were going - thank you so much for the update!!

Royal Canin isn't a horrible food. The thing of it is, the very best food on the planet, no matter what it is, is the food that the cat will eat. :redheartpump:

Hopefully you'll be able to find it on sale now and then. :sunshine:

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes the very best food in the world is the one they will eat! I see no problems with trying different things once in a while to see if she would like some variety. But if she likes the Royal Canin and eats it well then thats what i would feed, its not a bad food, many cats have done well on it for many years. Its most important that cats eat, and its even better when they enjoy what they are eating! :yess: congratulations on finding a food she likes, thats something many of us struggle with.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raypinciotti

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! I literally was thinking about you and your furbaby these past couple days, and wondering how things were going - thank you so much for the update!!

Royal Canin isn't a horrible food. The thing of it is, the very best food on the planet, no matter what it is, is the food that the cat will eat. :redheartpump:

Hopefully you'll be able to find it on sale now and then. :sunshine:
How sweet! Thanks for the support and for thinking about us. I hope I finally found something she'll eat. I'll try to stay positive (pawsitive)