Royal Canin Urinary SO and Hills Metabolic cd

ClimaxWorld

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a one year old cat and recently he was diagnose with Urinary problems (he was just border line blocked). So the vet recommended I switch him to Royal Canin SO. After a month and half of eating Royal Canin SO he was very low energy and seem much hungrier than usual and he gain about 4 more pounds he was also throwing up after 6 to 8 hours after eating the Royal Canin Urinary SO. I taught he was allergic to chicken maybe? So I did some research and on the SO food and someone said on a different forum on a different website said that Royal Canin SO recently switch one of their ingredient, they switch the egg ingredient to wheat ingredient, I don't know really know if that had anything to do with him throwing up and being low energy all the time and gaining a lot weight very quickly and also throwing up after 6 to 8 hours. So I talk to the vet and they switch him to Hills cd fish flavor and he was doing much better but still gaining some weight and still throwing up after 6 to 8 hours after eating the food, sometime it was hairball but most of the time it was brown liquid and it was definitely food from his stomach that was digested but it was causing him to throw up. I was doing the normal switching him food slowly after 7 days switch him to the new food and he was still throwing up, So I did a test and decided to switch him even more slowly for 25 doing a tiny amount of the new food and somewhat normal amount of the old food and slowly gradually increase the new food (I did this with the new food Hills Metabolic cd) the old food was Hills cd fish flavor. After 25 days I started to notice that he was having a lot more energy and being more active and stopped completely throwing up at all. Ever since I switched him to Hills Metabolic cd he was doing much better and being a lot more active, wanting to play more and seeking more attention. The whole point of this post is to shared my experience how switching my cat food for 25 days help him adapted to the new food, sometimes online post and google says to switch him for 4-5 days but mine took 25 days for him to adapted to the new food. I determine his stomach was extremely sensitive to new foods. I hope this can help someone whose cats is having a hard time switching to new food. I highly recommended to switch him/her for a longer period of time and slowly increase the new food. Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ClimaxWorld

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I also forgot to mention ever since I switched him to Hills Metabolic cd he lost about 1.5 pounds, doesn't seem like a lot but for me is a step in a right direction!