Royal Canin or Go! Naturals

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here is the link to Go! Naturals cat food which is produced locally to me. So locally in fact that I may be able to find a distributer to buy it cheaper than through my local feed store. It is expensive, a bit more than RC... The cats like both.

http://www.petcurean.com/index.php?page_id=187

I had been feeding Nutro NS, but I have been noticing that they are gaining too much weight. I'd like to find something a bit less junk-foody if that is a word. The breeders I work with mostly prefer RC over any other food, and I definitely will stick to Babycat for my newborn kittens.

What I need to do is keep my adult cats in show condition, with sleek coats and good weights but not pay more than I can afford. I feed canned in the mornings and then they can nibble on kibble through the day. I can try to limit their kibble but with my schedule it's a bit difficult to organize multiple small feedings per day.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
IMHO Almost all RC formulas have far more junk than the NC ... WHich go naturals are you looking at with grain or grain free?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I picked up the chicken, turkey and duck grain Free bag to try out, but honestly I am confused between their Go! and Now! products. The kibbles are quite small and the purple bag I bought said all life-stages.

It would be nice to support a local business as long as they have a good product. They advertise on their site that they have won awards for pet food quality...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sohni

I picked up the chicken, turkey and duck grain Free bag to try out, but honestly I am confused between their Go! and Now! products. The kibbles are quite small and the purple bag I bought said all life-stages.

It would be nice to support a local business as long as they have a good product. They advertise on their site that they have won awards for pet food quality...
It is like Nutro s Max and Natural choice ... same maker slightly different foods...

ALL life stage is a good thing ... you are breeding if I am not mistaken?

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, I breed my cats plus I have an alter that I show. They all need to be in top condition. Of course all cats need to be in good condition, but mine need to be quite svelte or the judges will laugh at me..

sweetpea24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I fed the Now! to my cat previously but changed to the Go! - The Now! has less protein than the Go! so that is why I switched. My cat loves it - well both my cats love it but I can't feed it to Schweppie. I don't like RC products so I guess I'm biased. They do have a weight control one but I think it's only available in the Now! formula.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sohni

Yes, I breed my cats plus I have an alter that I show. They all need to be in top condition. Of course all cats need to be in good condition, but mine need to be quite svelte or the judges will laugh at me..
Then I would use the higher protein and fat that you can get and the tummys handle

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well they all seem to like it, and their coats are very shiny. Actually noticeably more since I switched.

Originally Posted by cococat

I am very happy with the Go!

vanillasugar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love the GO! Grain free. The NOW! is nice, but lower in protein than even some of the foods with grain, which I find odd. I usually recommend it for senior cats or those who need to be on a diet because it's low fat/protein but grain free.

I really don't think the Petcurean foods an Royal Canin foods even compare. RC has far more filler and lower quality ingredients.