Royal Canin feeders--please help.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Personally, I prefer to go grain free/lower carb, but that's partly due to my girl having a sensitive tummy (and, being coeliac myself, I'm happier having gluten free foods around ;) ). For me, grain free is a guide, but I look at the overall nutritional profile of the food, rather than only at grain content. A few of the foods they both get do have a small amount of rice, and my old semi feral gets RC kibble because she loves it and does well on it - if it ain't broke, don't fix it :lol3: [article="31120"][/article]

Having said that, the first priority is always to feed foods that my guys enjoy, and that don't cause them any digestive upset. Shadow has been on the RC rx urinary dry for years, and he loves it, so I do feed a small amount of that to him. Asha goes crazy for it too, but as it upsets her tummy, I do my best to keep her away from it.

As ever, the best food for your cat is the one (s)he will happily eat!

I'm more than happy to discuss this further, but do start your own thread and tag me - I dont want to hijack hbunny hbunny 's thread! :hijack::winkblue:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
@Columbine  HIJACK AWAY, PLEASE DO!  I read everything I can (and that I can understand haha) on their nutrition, although my butthead usually won't eat things that are good for him (just like my hubby). 

I'm happy to report though that Wurp has now returned to eating his wet food!!  YESSS!!!!
  He's on a kick now with Merrick bistro chicken!  Don't know how long it will last, but I think he can smell again.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always wondered about that myself, since small rodents ARE cats' natural diet and they would be healthiest on what their natural diet is. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise

I've always wondered about that myself, since small rodents ARE cats' natural diet and they would be healthiest on what their natural diet is. 
It wouldn't bother me to open a can of mouse pate
   It would probably smell better than some of the cans I've opened for them!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IDK, but what's most important is the health and wellbeing of cats, and since cats' natural prey is mice and other small rodents, it stands to reason that that might be their best diet?!