Royal Canin - Diarrhea?

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Let's keep the vibes coming for this sweet boy's health and adoption....
Johnny Cash

blaise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

He was doing better yesterday. No bowl movement...He is not dehydrated...
That is very good news!

I want to clarify something with you...
...I don't appreciate the insinuation that he is being neglected...
I intended no such interpretation. Having personally witnessed the lack of understanding about some very basic "feline fundamentals" on the part of Petsmart staff and, having read many accounts of similar experiences from others, I was concerned that this very obvious need might well be overlooked while he was in the store. My comment was intended as a "heads-up"/reminder, not as criticism of your own care and concern.

If, when you are dealing with potential "adoptors", you are able to confirm that they are flexible in their food choices for a new cat, you perhaps should consider making the strong recommendation that they slowly transition him back to what he was doing so well on before...Orijen and California Natural or, better yet a high protein/high fat/low carb wet food diet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that there are problems with some petsmart situations in other places, but we don't have that problem at our store. First, the employees check the cats several times a day, but our own volunteers are there 3 times per day and evening so we're always very well aware of the cats and what is going on with them.

The potential adopters only have Petsmart in their little town to shop, so he needs to be able to eat a food sold there. The only one with the supplements he needs is the RC, so unless he has more issues in the future I don't see a reason not to have him on that, although it would not be my choice.

As for wet food, Johnny just won't eat it. I had him at my house for almost 3 months and tried every brand and flavor under the sun. I tried taking away his dry food and hoping hunger would push him to eat it, but no go.