Roxy The Pregnant Feral

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would separate Shadow from his mom and the kittens for now. He is too big to be nursing with them, and could hurt the kittens. I don't see any reason that you have to rehome him, though. If he is shy with everyone except you, it sounds like he has found his home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wwalrath09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Roxy, Buddy and Shadow are feral cats to everyone but my fiance, her son, and me. We recently moved next to a major road here in Iowa. We don't have the freestanding garage we used to for them to live in. Right now they have an 1100 square foot basement with 3 catboxes, a cat tree, pool table and various boxes to climb on. Buddy, Shadow, and an abandoned Chester all go outside under supervision. We can't keep them down there all the time. Our "inside cats" are adjusting to them but with 3 upstairs and 4 downstairs, and 6 kittens we have to think about finances and what is best for all of them.

Shadow is the right age to find a new permanent home and it kills me that I can't keep him but again it's not fair to him.

Chester needs a good permanent home with a young girl who will fawn over his long hair and pet him until he passes out.

As for Buddy and Roxy, we will be getting both fixed. They are a coulec now and unseperatable. They will learn to be upstairs cats.

All 6 kittens will be adopted out with new owners understanding my need to check in from time to time so I can feel less guilty and more proud of helping them find homes.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WWalrath09 said: Chester needs a good permanent home with a young girl who will fawn over his long hair and pet him until he passes out.

What is the matter with Chester?

wwalrath09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's at least 6 years old and a grouchy old man who loves attention. Nothing wrong with it or him.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Please post updated photos of the kittens when you get a chance.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Just look at that sweet face peering out from the cardboard box!

wwalrath09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not everyone's eyes are open yet, a vet trip got us some eyedrops and training for helping them along. More pictures of the kittens to come

wwalrath09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Roxy has started.moving one kitten away from the rest .She licks it and feeds it but doesn't move it back. I'm in full worry mode now.

wwalrath09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It would seem she is not happy with us handling them to wash their eyes and put eyedrops in. She has moved another one.

wwalrath09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She hasn't moved any more though... The 4 in the old spot had clumped up... Well except one. I just moved it and Roxy jumped in and started bathing him.

Should I love the rest?

wwalrath09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good Lord what a typo course I love all of them I meant I move.

Which I did do. Roxy didn't seem to care and then I had to build a pen to keep the kids from wandering around the basement out of laminate flooring.

wwalrath09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm actually just thinking about that today I need to do some research how do I do that exactly?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Here is a good video from Kitten Lady. You will need to spend one on one time with each of them, starting now. As they are weaning is best.

And one more about feral cats in general: