Roxy The Pregnant Feral

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wwalrath09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
the kittens come to us when we climb inside the pain and stand on our feet and let us pick them up and put them we pick of each one of them and spend some time with them but they are so noisy and so needy. my concern is that Roxy is not feeding them enough it seems like they're hungry all the time.

I got so paranoid I've installed a webcam so I can watch the pen to see when she feeds them because when we go downstairs she jumps out immediately and wants our attention.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wwalrath09 are you weghing the little ones? Weighing them is the best and most reliable way to know whether they are being well fed by their mom .

Last edited:

wwalrath09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've moved recently and cannot find my digital food scale to weigh them.

They're starting to show teeth I'm wondering if I can give them very soft non Pate chopped food

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I admire your restraint. At the sight of those little ones, I think I'd be on the floor wanting them to crawl all over me.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old are the kittens now? It is important to ascertain that they are sufficently fed. As mentioned before weighing them is the only reliable way to know.

wwalrath09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If anyone wants to use their phone to connect to the camera that's on the kittens please let me know

wwalrath09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not at all.. she wouldn't come to your house for 6 months.. slowly over time she let us pet her. Then when we moved we brought her with us since she was pregnant.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am trying to get a sense of whether she is allowing her kittens to socialize with you. Is she comfortable with you in front of them?

wwalrath09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We climb into their pen and play with them. Roxy sits outside and lays down to watch. She jumps up when we come down to see them and runs to us for petting and praise.

We socialize them 2 at a time. No hissing. No biting. Meowing and purring, and sometimes they fall asleep in our laps.

wwalrath09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My next question is how do I deal with the feelings of rehoming them? I can't keep them all but if I could, I would.

I feel partly guilty for rehoming them and not being able to keep them together and feel worried that whomever takes them won't do a good enough job.

wwalrath09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any guidance or links for helping?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens should stay with mom until 10-12 weeks at least. If you can get them fixed and fully vaccinated before they go, you will have done a wonderful job setting them up for success.

Rehome in pairs if you can, especially if the kittens are bonded. If someone really only wants one, make sure they have another cat at home already. You will need to be careful in adopting them out. Will the person agree to keep them inside? Never declaw? Return to you if circumstances change? I would have them sign an agreement.

You’ve saved this family! Goodbye is hard, but think of the lives they are going to go on to lead.