Roxie's Updates

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I've been able to pet Roxie several times a day now, for short periods! I try to anticipate her cut off point, sometimes I get it, sometimes not, but she lets me come back for more. My daughter stopped by with a friend, and of course Roxie vanished into my closet in the bedroom, it's her 'go to" place now. Let me pet her in there, while she was hiding, and came right out as I predicted as soon as they were gone. 

I have been letting them play in a box from a pair of boots I got, it was their "catnip box".... this morning, I saw someone had peed in it!!! I have two cats, and three litter boxes that get scooped daily... what the what is going on?
Sounds like territory marking!  One of them wanted the box to themselves.  If you put out another box, you might want to put out two.  One for each of them.  Also some items just call for a cat to pee in them.  My indoor only cat, Jake used to pee on anything vinyl.  He ruined cat furniture and bean bag chairs.  It was just something about the material.  If they seem to enjoy the cat nip, use a catnip mat instead.  I have 2 from Target that are scratchy mats that I sprinkle cat nip on.  I have to have two though or one of the cats will claim it.

Such good news on Roxie allowing more pets.  Also great that she comes right back out after others leave.  The stray I brought into the house in May, (Marvin) always hides when others come over, when he hears snowblowers or lawnmowers and also when we use the sweeper.  He used to stay hidden for hours afterward.  Now as soon as the noise stops or people leave, I call to him and he comes prancing out.  He will never be a social cat with others and might always be afraid of loud noises, but he has learned that I let him know when it is safe to come back out.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have one cat who just loves to pee on my bathrobe.  I can leave t-shirts, pants, anything else and she leaves them alone.  I forget and leave my bathrobe on the bed or the floor and she pees on it almost before I have it off!  I do not know why but I make sure my bathrobe is always hung up!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jseltzer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:clap::clap::clap: Roxie is HOME. She plays with toys, loves looking out the window, I've figured out her diet and she's not a "pukey kitty" anymore! Roxie seems to expect to get petted every day, now. This morning, she sat on "her" chair in the dining room, waiting for breakfast, and I'd swear the look on her face said, "DIdn't you forget something"? I hadn't oet her yet. I went over and gave her a pet, and she leaned into it. She and Brutus aren't friends yet, however she has become very tolerant of him, he still chases her occasionally, but it's really just he's a big, silly boy! It's not malicious at all, and she has plenty of places to get away from him if she wants to. Roxie rarely sits in the clothes basket in my walk-in closet anymore. She's in the living room or dining room most of the time or on her perch in my office. She's still not comfortable in my bedroom, it's the only place she doesn't frequent, and I think that will change over time.
Today, the BEST NEWS EVER!!! :clap::clap::clap: My daughter stopped by my apartment while I was out, and Roxie stayed out, rubbed against her legs, and.... wait for it.....LET RACHEL pet her !! :rbheart::rbheart::rbheart: I'm over the moon.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a fantastic update.  I often think of Roxie and how much you did for her.  What a great event when you greeted and allowed your daughter to pet her!!