Rough/Aggressive Play

sandigram77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
2 months ago i brought home a new kitty, to join my 2 cats.

the new cat plays very rough, he doesn't bite or scratch, but he plays with high energy and very roughly.  He likes to play tug of war with me and the toy when I'm playing with the string toys! lol and he wrestles the toy mice and catnip toys.

at first i thought he was trying to attack my other cats, but I have slowly realized that he chases and runs at them to play.  he never hisses, bites or scratches at them, he'll jump around corners and chase them, which scares my poor girl kitty to death, but I don't see any aggression in him. I think he just likes really really rough playing and wrestling.

My male cat just ignores him, he can charge right up to him and he just stares at him, like seriously dude, chill out.  The new kitty just stop and sits down, then runs away after he doesn't get any reaction.

But all hell breaks loose when he gets my girl.  she's a very timid cat and quick movements ot loud noises easily scare her.  She is now terrified of new kitty!  I don't know how to show her that it's ok he doesn't want to kill her, and to get him to chill out and stop chasing her.  It's gotten so bad that she's been peeing outside the litter box, she's too scared to leave the bedroom :-(.

So now I put new kitty in his room whenever we aren't home, and when we're sleeping....  But I hate leaving him locked up...

any suggestions on how I can stop this madness ?????

korina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The fear is new to me, adult cats always seem to either be indifferent or hostile to other cats.

I have experience with hostility, my brother's cat as she entered adult hood hated other cats more and more.

At some point and to this day, she hates my cat(they live in same house), so much so that if she even came withint 20 feet she would hiss and growl.

For a few years it became evident my cat found this ammusing and started stalking the hostile cat, and she did it with the most innocent "I want to be best friends" face.

Whats even crazier is she knows that it is my cat, and she hates me for it, for example she will beg me for food, after I serve her if I am ten feet away or looking at her or talking to her, she leaves and waits for me to go away.

This was proven during a time where my cat was living somewhere else.  The bad cat fell back in love with me.  Then my cat moved back and we were enemies once more.

Mind you this cats agreesion is viewed by us as mental illness, I think derived by way to early seperation from her mom (I guess she was 8 weeks, when i got new kittens recently my brother said "Wow, my cat was so much smaller."

Also this cat is DSH, my cat was calm passive bengal.