Roomate's cat causing vet visits to my cat...

meezersmom2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel for you, being in such a miserable situation. I hope all turns out for the best. I have 2 Siamese boys, who are completely attached to each other, but my son decided to get a cat of "his own", and brought in "Blackie" who is about a year old--shy & skittish at first, but now aggressive towards Quasar (our younger kitty). Blackie seems to know Quasar is afraid of him, and is always chasing him around the house! Quincy considers himself "The Boss", and stands up to the newcomer, but confrontations between the two are not pretty. (It doesn't help matters that we have our daughter & her family living here--for maybe the next 6 months, until their flooded-out home is fixed--as she brought along her 2 male tabbies--(further personality conflicts). I guess I will just have to wait for them all to move out!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree - if at all possible get rid of your roommate and have her take the cat with her. That is one reason I refuse to have one.

I also think putting him in HER room is a good idea. It will teach her a valuable lesson and keep all the receipts from the vet.

Have your dad come over to back you up. She sounds like a lousy and inconsiderate person to begin with. I would also report her if she does abuse the cat.

I hope you will be able to resolve this issue. It certainly is not fair to you or your cat who were there first. I would also inform the landlord as someone already mentioned if she did not pay a pet deposit. She sounds like a leech who just tries to get money off of other people or not pay for anything.